1/16 - Chloe - AMPS ~ 343, +4.5 ~ 312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Chloe, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Happy Caturday, LL friends!

As I just said to DH, if it weren't for the seizure, elevated liver values, and stinkus pinkus BGs, I would not thinki anything was wrong with Chloe! She's still walking better today, is moving around quite a bit and has her normal good appetite.

Recap
    PMPS ~ 285 - increased dose to 1.25 (from 1.125)
    +2 ~ 288
    +5 ~ 315
    AMPS ~ 343
    +5 ~ 312 - cycle 2 on 1.25

We can't do anything about trying to figure out the cause of the problems until Monday, but I hate to have Chloe spending so much time in stinkus pinkusville. I've been increasing her dose in small increments, and we're not getting anywhere. I'm tempted to increase to 1.5 tonight, even though I just increased to 1.25 last night. I can closely monitor her through Monday morning. I'd love thoughts about whether it would be ok to increase the dose tonight.

(Had some logistical problems last night, so the sleep over will start tonight!)

Yesterday's condo

2. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - AMPS ~ 343, +5 ~ 312 - dose ?

I'd been looking for a post from you guys and so relieved that Chloe is seeming to feel better! Yay! No advise on the dosing however, but generally probably not wise to go up too much too quickly even though you're eager for her to go back down. Perhaps NDW is still in effect from last night's increase and will level out soon? Hope so and also hope you'll get good news on Mon.

3. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

So happy to hear that Chloe seems to be feeling better. She may not be out of the woods yet, but this is definitely a good sign.

4. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Chris!

I'm so glad to hear that she is feeling good... even with the stinkus pinkus :mrgreen:

I'll bet she is getting extra scritches... as she certainly deserves them! She is such a trooper..

Bumping you to the top to see what others may say about the dose increase.. Maybe NDW :?:

Glad that its the weekend and you get to stay home with your kitty girl!

5. sanrun

sanrun Member

I'm glad Chloe is feeling better. I don't think it's a good idea to bump up the dose, remember dose increases with Lantus have to be done slowly. Acrocats being the exception, but even then I think is still 3 cycles before going up.

Take Care,
    Sandy Dottie & Skippy

6. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - AM +6.25 ~ 253

Yea!! Yellows!!

Thanks for the advice on the dosecrease...I'll hang in there and try to be patient. I'm afraid her neuropathy might come back if she stays in stinkus pinkusville for too long.

Just spoke with the vet's office. Chloe is scheduled for an ultrasound and low dose dex (ldds)?? on Tuesday. The scheduler didn't know what the low dose dex was testing for, and I don't either. If anyone knows, please fill me in!

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

no clue - but good luck!

8. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

9. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe +8 ~ 170!!!

Yea!!!! We have Bloo!!! Makes my heart sign! :RAHCAT

Perhaps it was the threat of a (premature) dosecrease!!!

10. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - AMPS ~ 343, +5 ~ 312

Yeah Chloe - bluetiful +8. You know Chris, sometimes the threat is all it takes. They do read condos when we are away from the puter :D

11. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Glad she is feeling better and doing well. We all know Chloe likes the stinkus pinkus. And, Chris, you know the answer to a dosecrease. Patience, BREATHE. She could be bouncing from a number of things. Hope the sleep over goes well. Keep us posted on Ms. Princess Chloe's progress, and I know you will. Happy Caturday.

12. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - AM +9.5 ~ 147

Yea! More blooo! dancing_cat

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad Chloe is feeling better, good luck with the rest of the tests.

14. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - PMPS ~ 111

Can't tell you how happy this PMPS number makes me!!

I'm tempted to have another blood panel done, to see where Chloe's liver values are now. She's not limping anymore, and seems to feel better. I'm wondering, now, if there is some connection between her limping, seizure, and elevated liver values and BGs. DH always accuses me of being "Dr. Chris"...can't help it!

15. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Chris--I am so Happy that Chloe is doing better!! I was so worried..I had an epileptic dog and it was so upsetting..
    I was hoping for a good post from you, but this is great! Always have you in our thoughts.. cat_pet_icon

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I just gave a big sigh of relief reading though your condo and looking at Chloe's SS. It's great to see her numbers coming down and even better to hear that she's feeling better. The latter is huge.

My civie who is GA had a couple of seizures. When I spoke to the vet about it, she told me (what I already knew) that an isolated seizure can be caused by anything that throw a cat's system out of whack. It could be something like vomiting or dehydration or more serious issues. One thing I would suggest is to check around the house for anything that Chloe could have gotten into. The liver acts to detoxify the body. If there was something that Chloe could have ingested that was even mildly toxic, her liver values could be effected. Likewise, medication interactions (if she's on anything besides the methyl-B12 -- I don't know when your profile was last updated) can effect liver values.

17. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

I'm so glad to hear Chloe is acting better today. I know how hard it is to wait for more information. I hope you find out more on Monday, and all the tests go well on Tuesday!

Sending lots of positive vines your way!

Judith and Thomas

18. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Chris))) So happy to hear that Chloe is feeling and acting better today. Sending many vines for the results and the low dose dex test. My drooler had the test done for Cushing's a few years back when her ALP levels were insanely high.

You may find this website helpful for looking at lab test results (great for quick reference): http://www.broadwayvh.com/site/view/832 ... 0h7di6hmni

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

oh hooray - blues! I certainly am no expert - but do think that the comments by Sienne might be right on target. It could be the simplest of things. I have a friend who has a dog (well yeah - i know wrong species, but....) that was prone to seizures. there always was a trigger, an intake trigger...

i am elated that she is feeling better - as yes this is huge - so very glad. :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

lots of hugs and snuggles for chloe! cat_pet_icon positive headed your way!

20. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/16 - Chloe - PM +2 ~ 83!!!

Oh, how happy I am!!! Green!!! Makes me think that Chloe's liver isn't too bad, and her prognosis isn't "poor"

THANK YOU LL for all the advice and vines. We are so thankful for all of you!

21. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Green?!?!?!?! YIPPIE!! -this is great! and definitely not poor!

:RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT

22. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Woo hoo for the green!
    So nice to see these numbers... Goooo Chloe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.