1-17-23 Kaia walking on front hock??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JBat75, Jan 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBat75

JBat75 Member

Has anyone heard of walking on front hocks? Kaia front foot has dropped pretty low. When she was first diagnosed she walked on her back hocks but that corrected.
    Not sure if it's arthritis or neuropathy.
    I know she's getting older and I worry constantly. Not sure if she's regulated enough (I was told so). Her eyes have been a bit dilated as well.
    I lost my other baby to hyperthyroidism in Nov. I am now paranoid about my sweet Kaia.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry about to your other kitty.
    It does sound like neuropathy. Are you giving some methyl B12 supplements?
    You also need to try and get her better regulated for the neuropathy to improve. I noticed you have another thread on the Lantus page about swapping to Lantus from Prozinc. I think that would be a very good idea. You have given Prozinc a good chance.

3. JBat75

JBat75 Member

I had her on vitamin B for 6 weeks. Should I continue?
    I had planned on changing insulin several times, I'm just gone often and I'm afraid to do it while I'm away. I need someone to really watch her close while she makes the change. I only have my sister and she works long hours as well.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s not ordinary vitamin B it us methyl B12. You can buy Zobaline from lifelink.com, it’s the same thing
    When are you going away? I would wait until you gone back before swapping insulins

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. JBat75

JBat75 Member

I'm leaving Feb 15th thru Feb 22nd.
    I worry waiting. Is it a tough transition?
    Her vet gave me the Vitamin B, it's not the correct vitamin B?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Just what is written on the Vit B that the vt gave you? There are many kinds of vit B.

7. JBat75

JBat75 Member

It says Vitamin B-12 CYANOCOBALAMIN 1000mcg

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

It has to say Methy B-12
    Here you go
    Methyl B-12 for neuropathy it's tasteless ,just sprinkle it on the wet food and add water to it. Give one per day open the capsule sprinkle it on his wet food and add water and mix it up
    https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-b-12-methylcobalamin-5000-mcg-100-capsules-6
    14.49 for 100 capsules

Zobaline is crazy expensive for only 60 pills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.