1/17 Buzz AMPS 363, +5: 373

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Despite continued high numbers, Buzz is acting fine. Today is day 4 of the same dose and other than the first day, it has done nothing. Because of her really high # (522) the other day, and the suspected reason of dog kibble, do I need to hold the dose some more? I am getting really uncomfortable with her extended stay in high numbers, but I trust you guys and will do what you think is best. :)

2. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/17 Buzz AMPS 363

I think you should take the dose up today, but you really have to try and get a before bed test in every night. I know it may be discouraging with these higher numbers, but you never know when that is going to break and there is always the possibility for a cat to drop out at night and then throw a very high AMPS.

Because of the one day of blues that she did get on this dose, I would take it to 1.25u. Keep watch for 6 cycles (total) and be prepared to take her up again if you don't see some blue again. If you do see blue, hold the dose for 10 cycles (total) and see if it brings green.

Sending very strong good luck with the new dose vines! Very happy to hear that she is feeling well. :smile:

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Ok, I will raise the dose tonight to 1.25u. That's really sort of an eyeballed dose, but it's okay as long as I'm always consistent with how much I see 1.25u as, correct? I will be consistent with bedtime tests, too. I wasn't home last night so one did not get done.

Thank you for helping out. :) I will keep my fingers crossed and update later on if she sees any action on tonight's dose. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.