1/18 Taz, AMPS-149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SaraMV, Jan 18, 2022.

1. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

I'm a nervous wreck! I've been with Taz every day since he's been home from the vet. Today I have to go back to work. His preshot is 149 and I won't be home until around his +4.5. I'm scared of him dropping too low and not being home. I have his snacks all ready, and he is eating breakfast well so far, bit it still worries me.

2. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Is anyone home to at least make sure he gets his snacks? No one else in home is able to test and shoot LM but I can have them make sure he eats (well some of time he is stubborn LOL)

3. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

No. It's just me. My husband is out of the house for most of the day.

4. Monkie

Monkie New Member

Looking at Taz's chart, in my opinion, I think you don't have much to worry at the moment as far as him dropping too low, especially with the recent reduction. His #'s look pretty safe since the drop from 2u to 1u. 1.25u may even be safe but I would ask your vet after sharing his #'s with him since the reduction.

We have to leave ours most days after her AMPS for 6-9 hours and have similar worries. If you are really worried and don't mind spending about $50 on an auto-feeder that has portions to fit a frozen ice cube (and the cleaning that comes along with it)... that could help. By the time it thaws out, hopefully Taz's lower BG will have him walking to the food.

If you're only gone 2-3 hours, I have found no issues leaving unfrozen wet food out despite the bacteria concerns. It would be so nice if there was a low carb pate created that could safely sit out for 8 hours.

What also helped ease our worries is to buy one of these small cameras from amazon (search wansview wifi camera), it's $30. Really easy to setup and it just plugs into an outlet. You can even setup movement alerts (we have one showing her litter box and another where she hangs out during the day with her food bowl).

Good luck, Taz! We're rooting for you :)

SaraMV likes this.
  5. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

I have a question about his curve. I notice that since his dosage has changed, his +6 readings have been higher than his preshot readings. I thought he was supposed to be lower in the middle of his cycle? Could it be the snacks that are making him higher? I'm doing his curve on Saturday.

We bought an auto feeder last week and there hasn't been an issue with leaving moist food down for him so far. Once the weather changes, ants might become a problem though. Thankfully I have a camera set up in our living room, so I can see him when he's laying on the couch. I wasn't too get another one for the kitchen area bit everyone thinks I'm going overboard. (Sigh)

6. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Just a brief look at ss and it's possible he nadirs earlier than +6 some do earlier some later and yes generally halfway through but ECID *every cat is different *

You really should be getting some more testing during in between hours and I know that's harder for you because of work. Maybe on days off get more tests during the time between +2 and +6 it can give a better picture of how the insulin is working for taz :)

SaraMV likes this.