1/2 Chnoudi AMPS 103,+2 42,+2.5 52,+3 62,+3.5 49,+4 62,+5 68,+6 69 PMPS 74 +1 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

This is the 4h cycle on 0.10U and there was also a skip on 12/30. Might be time to reduce to a drop dose! :woot:
    @Sue and Luci
    @tiffmaxee

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I agree with Bhooma... time to try for one drop...

4. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Wow! This makes me really happy! :woot:
    Thank you sooo much!!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Definitely a drop dose. She’s so close to remission that I can feel it. A drop might turn out to be too much. :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

ok...I think I'm going to burst into tears...:D:D
    :bighug::bighug: I wish for it so much!
    Thank youuu!!! <3

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hey Melita,
    though I do think she is heading for remission it might be better if you could slow her down a bit.
    It might be good to try and hold on to this drop does for a few days.
    With those blues 124, 135, just 3 days ago it would be better for a stronger remission to be able to continue the insulin support for a few days.

With that in mind and as it seems as though she is having an earlier onset at the moment (before +1) I would possibly look at always getting that +1 and steering with MC especially if you find +1 is lower than PS.

Ideally if you could get a week of greens and then take the reduction by getting Chnoudi to earn it the hard way.
    She may have other ideas.

I also wonder whether there has been some wonky numbers with the skips and dose changes, and the associated balancing out of the depot.

Happy New Year:kiss:

8. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Happy New Year Gill!!! :bighug:
    Yes, you are right.
    I may be very happy with her progress but I am also concerned about her rapid reductions. Unfortunately, she did not let me relax during the xmas holidays and continue the process properly again.... I want a strong remission so that she does not relapse soon. I will do exactly what you tell me, I will try to steer her numbers with food, so that she stays in greens -with that one drop- for a week!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Gill & George

Let's just see how she does.
    How are you measuring a drop?

10. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I tested a few times before shooting: I filled in the syringe till 0.5u or 1u, and then shot in the sink BUT without pushing the plunger completely. Then, I shot again and found out that only a drop comes out. After 5-6 times of experiment, I shot Chnoudi! Is it ok?

11. Bandit's Mom

What some folks do here is to push the plunger fully, keep it pressed and insert the needle in the vial/pen and then release the plunger. What you get should be a drop.

@Gill & George will this work?

12. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Wow that sounds good!
    However, I always push the plunger fully and with force before I put the needle in the pen, because otherwise a small drop of air always enters in the syringe... :confused:

13. Bandit's Mom

For the drop dose you keep the plunger fully pressed as you insert the needle in the pen and then just take your hand off the plunger. Try this and see how much insulin it is. I have never tried a drop dose. Only read about it here!

14. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Οοοοkk i just did it and a wonderful drop came out! Of course, I had no doubt that it would be the right way!! Hahaha
    It's exactly the same drop that comes out in my own way, but it's definitely faster and easier! I' ll do this from now on.
    Thank you soooo much, Bhooma! :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Bandit's Mom

Credit due to others who have posted here and I have read! :D
    Good luck with the drop dose! :bighug:

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  16. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

haha this is just important ! thank you, let s see what will happen:cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  17. Gill & George

That is usually less than a drop. It's some insulin, at least the way I did it it was less than a drop.

To measure a drop I would draw 0.25 u with some clear liquid see how many drops that is. For me that was 3 drops/ but you need to work it out for yourself. Do that a few times to see what you get. Then to shoot a drop, you would draw 0.25, squeeze out however many drops one at a time till you know you have only one left in the syringe, and shoot that.

18. Gill & George

But just carry on doing it the way @Bandit's Mom described. It will at least give you a consistent dose. See how it goes.

19. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Τhe amount of insulin is so small that it is really difficult... ΟK I'll continue this way.
    You were right for the earlier onset... Today (1/3) she dropped so quickly at +1 and +1.5 !!o_O

20. Bandit's Mom

Nice flat cycle this AM. :)

21. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

You think so..? She is in high greens.. I am quite anxious to manage keep her above 50 for a week...
    But indeed, she is flat with the one drop until now.

22. Bandit's Mom

Let's give it a couple of days and see.

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.