1/23 Shadoe amps 400 pmps 360

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

The day began as usual, Shadoe walking all over me, patting at me and the covers to get me up.

As usual, I stalled but got some help by giving a few chicken cubes, and my reward was a nice bright red 400 :YMSIGH:

Ah well, turn the page and look to the new dose today on 5.75u. Today is PetSmart day for stocking up on some good foods and maybe a new carry case that's more comfy for Shadoe's vet visits.

With errands to run, I'll be in and out, so tests will be done on my home pit stops.

First stop is he market for fresh cat grass and some nice chicken breasts for steaming and chopping. I know there are the PureSnacks dried chicken, but it's just not the same and nice juicy chicken cubes.

I have added the time I got home from Shadoe's vet visit when she got her first installment of fluids so that it will be seen how long it took for Shadoe to get the green from those fluids. Ever since I have been giving the fluids at home, I have not seen the same drop in her numbers. I know I am giving them, and they are staying in her, and she always has that freaky looking gurgly bulge from the fluids under the skin, and it normally takes a couple hours for the bulge to disperse, but no more green :?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/23 Shadoe amps 400

Good luck with the dosecrease!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if she notices the dosecrease today....
    Would be nice if this was the highest red any of them have to see. :roll:
    Maybe she will surprise you this afternoon! Hope so. :smile:

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

So I thought since the dose is changed, why not try to change the test times. Shadoe always expects tests at certain times, so I thought I'd sneak up when she least expects it and maybe see something nice.

Alas, I never learn; beans don't run the show, never did and never will.
    All I got at +4 and +8 was an angry Shadoe who went right to the test chair barking at me all the way.

And what did I get for numbers? Just more pink. 340 and 347.

I know, I know, it's just the first cycle, so I'll continue to wait.

On the menu for the evening is pm shot at 7pm and fluids at about 8pm; I sure wish I knew how come just about nothing will make Shadoe budge from those freaking pinks. :YMSIGH:

5. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle! How was errand day? I hope you enjoy them more than me!

At one point Cassandra mentioned how Sasha actually DROPS from being at the vet. I started testing latte right before we leave and when we get home now. Two out of two times she has dropped almost exactly 100pts. Might be something to keep track of with Shadoe. the addition of the fluids, may have made it more dramatic - if shadoe is a vet dropper. :mrgreen:

And I dont think every cat will get a drop from fluids. Probably most, depending on amount, and drops will vary. Yesterday Latte didnt drop from fluids at all. Most days she may drop 20-30pts...but I also do them when she is in her prime dropping time anyway. I think Meowzi drops a lot more.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Carolyn, What? The time you give fluids matters? Ugh.

OK what's the plan then? I need to give them when Shadoe is on her way down, so +1 or 2 is too soon? I can change her fluids time if needed.

I never thought that her numbers would drop from being at the vets! OK I will start noting vet visis times also on her ss.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Gayle
    I just checked the phone and I think Max and Shadoe are conspiring against the 2 of us.
    Good luck with the doscrease.
    Mine is coming either tonight or tomorrow, We have been runnig high 300's all day.

8. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Well gosh Gayle! I dont know what time is best to give fluids, LOL.
    I was told not to have it coincide with nadir (assuming you dont want it to help lower bg's). But that confused me, as I never really got a solid answer as to when it would be best. Im assuming after nadir...but that means when Im at work, OR in the middle of the night. :?

I guess you would have to play around with it to see ...you do it at +2, right? I would think that is as good as time as any. I probably wouldnt make drastic time changes...maybe an hour at a time?

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Randi,
    I think you are right! Shadoe and Max seem to be pretty close in dose and stubborn attitudes. I wonder what's up with those two kitties? It is comforting to know that there are others who are kerfuffled by their kitties.

Carolyn,
    When I look at the time that Shadoe as given fluids at the vets, she received them around +4 and she dropped to her only green ever around +7. Maybe that's what was meant by not at nadir?

As for waiting till after nadir, someone will have to tell me where Shadoe's is because I sure can't see it! I will stick with the +2 time for fluids because there is no way that I will stay awake till after midnite and then have to be up at 5am to get ready for work.

I never asked those specifics at the vets so I will ask at her followup visit.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

With regards to fluids timing, WCF noticed the Meowzi's BG's tended to drop quite a bit after fluids. She basically charted the times for a little while until she could determine how long after giving fluids that effect tended to stop (the fluids nadir). Then she made sure to not give fluids at a time when the fluids nadir would come at about the same time as the insulin nadir, to prevent Meowzi from going too low. So if you find out that the fluids tend to drop Shadoe for about 3 hours, and if her insulin nadir is around +6, then you wouldn't want to give fluids after about +3 because you might have a double nadir. Does that make sense? WCF can explain it better. It is very much an ECID thing, though, even more than insulin, so they only way to know is to track it for a while and see what patterns emerge.

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hey a little better PMPS

Shadoe being a crabby pants? lol And a possible "vet dropper" this should be interesting!!
    We could start a whole discussion on this in Think Tank!

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Her +2 is still going in the right direction - 313 - but still pink.

She has definitely decided that she does not the fluids routine, but then looks relieved after getting them. She puzzles me. We have 2 more days left in the bag, then I will see what the vet says we do from there. It's not 2weeks yet, so I wonder if she is supposed to have no fluids for a week before we test again to check that pancreatitis numbers. I don't know if I should expect to see a big drop from the 13.7 on her results but in typical Shadoe style, we may see slow progress. I guess that's better than no progress or a worsening.

It was about 3 hrs after fluids that she got her green, so let's see where her numbers go tonite in the next couple hours.

If nothing else, a wee bit of yellow would be nice to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.