1/24 Angel's pmps~265

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn and Angel, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3659

He's started out 50 points lower than he got all day yesterday, so that's good! Woke me up a half hour early this morning, in my face saying feed me. Then Cashew and the three dogs saw me awake and joined in (don't know where 16 yr old Civvie Minnie was) and we had a 5 animals to one person Pet me- no me- no pet me-I was here first- Mama loves me best- I'm the oldest- Fest... I couldn't even move my arms from under the cover I was so pinned down; was fun.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Angel's amps~297

That is SO Funny!! I can just picture it, it put a big smile on my face :mrgreen: .
    Come on down some more, Angel..you're doing good.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What a great way to wake up with all that furry love around you!! Me likey!--Hope you see some great numbers today! You are doing a great job!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm with Dyana -- your WCR put a big grin on my face! What a wonderful way to begin the day.

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

hey he's yellow and lower then he got yesterday, plus you got some luvins from all your babies, what a great day already!

6. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 1/24 Angel's amps~297, +4~ 43

OMG!!!! Glad it's Sunday and I'm at home. He's eating LC laced with HC gravy. I've just figured out something about him... his eyes are wider and rounder when he's green and narrower when he's high. I've been noticing that but waiting to confirm it with this next green. Also, I can tell by petting his fur when he's below about 250; Dyana you've mentioned that noticing that little sign as well.

Just finished that yummy treat and is bathing like he's filthy.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Nice Angel!! Good Boy!!!
    So, you'll get a +4.5?

8. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 1/24 Angel's amps~297,+4~43,+5~63

Meant to get a 4.5 but was very distractedly caught up a problem and Angel had slipped outside. Looks like the HC really did it's job. He's usually very sensitive and responsive to it.

Don't know if he should get a dosecrease for this... technically since he's over a year dx he should go below 40 first. But since 5 days out of 7 I'm at work and have a difficult time running home I worry about him going low like today and I haven't left out HC --- then just bouncing at the pm ps. I suspect that's been happening more than I know based on his evening cycle tendencies lately of just going up. Thoughts on this, anyone?

9. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

Now there's an attention-getting number! How considerate of Angel to throw you this one when you're home on Sunday. Makes one wonder if he occasionally visits this territory on days when you're not home to check.

I noticed a change in Beethoven's fur when his numbers came down--smooth like silk rather than coarse like dog fur. Of course we had changed from dry food to wet, so I think that also made a difference.

Have a great day with your furry friends!

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Another sign, Lynn, is that flat cycle yesterday. When J.D. has a flat cycle, something is usually going to happen.

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow...great lovey start to your day...and look at Angel go....WOW :thumbup

12. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

1/24 Angel's amps~297,+4~43,+5~63,+6~58,+7~51

Because he still came down at +7 even after some HC and MC I'm really wanting to decrease the dose. If this was a work day and I had only left out LC for him he would really have gone quite low and I'm just not comfortable with that. He only gets the dosecreases in skinnys and I can go back up if I need to. Can one of you with more experience chime in with some ideas?

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Angel's amps~297,+4~43,+5~63,+6~58,+7~51

I think the skinny dose cease will work & may bring those numbers to more workable levels..Newbies reduce at a number in the 50's, oldies or middies( :lol: ) reduce whith numbers in the 40's--Because Moonie doesnt hold dose creases too well, I wait for a few 40's or less :shock: -to reduce her dose..And I only do skinnys or fats!
    Please check with others to verify for you..DOING GREAT!!!

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Unfortunately, Ronnie's off by 10 -- newbies reduce with numbers under 50 and if FD for more than a year, numbers need to be under 40. So that's the protocol. I'd wait to get some feedback from Jill, Libby, Cassandra or some of the others who are more experienced. I suspect you can shave the dose especially if you are concerned about numbers tomorrow. Depending on where things are at PMPS, do you want to shave then or wait until the morning?

And yes, there are a few of us who are spending our Sunday doing the poke-and-feed polka. (Although, Gabby is now upward bound.)

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

always have to take the bean into account too. If it makes you uncomfortable to keep him at this dose, then I would shave it. I understand, if I couldn't get home and it required HC to bring him up then I would be tempted to do the same.

16. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Thanks so much Libby! Your voice is always calming and reasonable and I really value your ideas and opinions. I'm glad you see my perspective and don't think I'm just being wimpy. It's obvious to me if today had been a work day Angel would have probably gone down to the 30's, since he was 43 at +4 and 51 at +7 WITH the HC and MC. Since he's bouncing like I expected, I did not drop the dose tonight, but will shave either in the morning or tommorrow and give the rebound a chance to clear out some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.