1/24 Buster AMPS 319

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim & Buster, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He needs more insulin. One more day on this dose and you can go up to 2U from 1/26.

3. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

That’s the plan! Should I wait until the weekend when I can see a full curve for this dose? Or is it high enough that you think it’s ok to increase without a proper curve?

Also - my other (non sugar) kittys name is Bandit! Love it :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

I would not hold the dose longer. If you increase on 1/26 you can get more tests over the weekend to see how he is doing on a dose.
    What you want to do, whenever you can manage it, is to get "spot checks" i.e a before bed test at night or the random test in the day when you're home etc. That will also give you info on how he is doing on a dose. The downside of a weekly curve is that if he is bouncing on that day, it won't give you an accurate picture of how low he has gone on the dose. He could have dropped lower the previous day and be bouncing from there.

My Bandit is such a scaredy cat, she is a large mouse! We keep joking that we should have named her Bandicoot and not Bandit! :smuggrin:

5. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

LOL my Bandit is the same!!

I’ve been trying to get more spot checks in where I can. I’m away from home for work from about AMPS +1 to +11 and then usually asleep by PMPS +4 so it’s hard to get some good mid cycle readings. It seems he’s been consistently high enough that it doesn’t seem like a bounce so I’ll increase tomorrow. Thanks for the advice :)

6. Bandit's Mom

If you could move his shot time forward by an hour, you could get a +2 before you head out the door. Though that might make it a little tight in terms of getting home in time for PMPS! A test at or before PM+4 is good enough data. Lantus onset is typically at +2 and nadir is around +4. Any data is good data. :)