1/24 Jan and Buddy PMPS 207 +1 226 +3.5 327

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283

Jan

can u add that question to ur subject line please?

as well as in HD forum, how long can u stall?

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 SHOOT R??????

Ronnie,
    I gave normal 7.0 Lantus already, waiting for help on R question, but nobody is around, so won't shoot it.

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hi Jan. Looks like R is new in your equation. Just thinking out loud that this is early in his cycle and it's lower than any preshot you've used R with. R has a short duration, though, and may have cleared out by +3 however that's when the L dose might kick in. Not sure how comfortable you are with being gone then so if you use R maybe just go with the .1.

Is someone helping you with this?

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Jan, check out Leslie's condo for Bayley from yesterday ("Me and Bayley") - Jojo explained how to get started with R. You may already be doing this, I've been away recently and am a little behind.

P.S. I am probably one of the most conservative R users on this board, and have a late nadir kitty so I'm a tough example.

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 + 4 287

I peeked at your spreadsheet, and it looks like Buddy might be cruising in for a yellow PMPS. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

7. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 + 4 287

Yes he is at PMPS 207 should I shoot full 7.0Lantus?????

8. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy PMPS 207 ADVICE PLEASE

I know it's extremely scary, but I would shoot the full dose because you are home and you can watch it. Jojo said IAA cats have to stay in the greens (eventually). If this happened in the morning and you couldn't watch and had no data, I would BCS.

Remember...BALLZ

9. Libby and Lucy

awesome! Yes, this is what we want, I would shoot the 7 units (no R) and get a +1. Let's see how long he can hold the yellow (plus this will give you data for when he does this on a work day, which he is bound to do sometime). Yeah!

10. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

OK Libby Thanks!!
    Will be back in an hour.
    Jan

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy PMPS 207 +1 226

Heather, Libby,
    Would love input on this question, if there is an answer??
    What do you think a low number would be to NOT shoot Lantus on any given day, with a IAA kitty??
    Thanks
    Jan

12. Libby and Lucy

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy PMPS 207 +1 226

There really isn't a no-shoot number. You just need to go with what your data tells you you can do, like everyone else. Whenever you get an opportunity to shoot a lower number in the evening when you're home, take the opportunity to shoot and see how it goes. The more you can do that, the better equipped you'll be when it happens in the morning. Remember that Lantus curves are flatter the lower you shoot (he won't drop as much from 100 as he will from 300, it's the way this insulin works). You know you are at a safe dose for Buddy because we worked up to the dose systematically. Sure his dose is higher than others, but it's the dose he needs.

There will come a time when you do get to a dose that will overwhelm the IAA's and Buddy will suddenly start getting a really great response. When that time comes, you will have to do some guessing about what dose to shoot. I remember Sandy doing that, some mornings she would get up and say "oh, I can't shoot 20 units into that number, I think I'll shoot 8." There is no harm in doing that when you need to.

Sandy relied a lot on her instincts while she was collecting the data, then later on she started shooting full dose into almost any PS number because she knew how BK would respond. You'll get there too!

13. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Can't believe he jumped up 100 points in 2.5 hours.

Fed bed time meal after the number!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.