1/24 Shadow AMPS=371, PMPS=348

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=196
    +8=291
    AMPS=371 ~ F .75u Lev (1st cycle)

Yesterday's Condo

Raised him back up to a fat .75u . Disappointing number this morning.. Shadow ate snacks during the night and was ready as usual for breffis this morning.. Raja and he ate their fill. Then Shadow polished both bowls for me. He was sitting patiently on the testing towel waiting for his shot. Now he is sitting at the screen door, fascinated with the outdoor sounds as he pauses to clean a spot here and there on his fur.
    Thinking about yesterday and what a wonderful time it was.....reading all about the news from the "Old timers" ~~ is that what we call you?...Oh well.... :lol: It was SO great...thank you all for sharing your stories with us all....you have given me renewed hope and filled my heart with love and respect for you and your furbabies....we are all part of a beautiful community and you have all laid the foundation. Thank you for all that you have done and all that you do for us all! :YMHUG:

2. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Shadow AMPS=371

Oh Shadow! Should I tell you my exciting challenge for today? Maybe I should open a condo here, I'm gonna have one on Think Tank for .........SOCKS!

Yes Socks is going to be offering himself today for the sake of science. Dr. Lisa wants to know what happens to a cats BG after eating dry food. So Socks, being non-diabetic gets the treat of having dry food for dinner. The part he won't be so pleased about (he is the one I fear testing) is that he will have his BG checked before dinner and several times after to see if he "spikes" or not. If I don't return this evening you will know I did not survive, and I'm probably at the ER getting stiches :roll:

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Well here is a "pat" on your back Pat.
    You did it for Raja and you will get there with Shadow.
    Cats are just really so picky, indpendant and fickle.
    Okay OURS aren't of course but they do get a bad wrap (lol)
    Funny, Max is at the back door too today although the snow piled up does block his view and
    we only get a squirrel by very infrequently.
    Hope Shadow enjoys the view and brings better numbers.

4. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

You know the drill Pat.....2 step ahead, one step back. That is the lovely dance Putty and I do but he is still going down the dosing scale it just takes a little longer.
    You did not wake us up this morning when you came into the condo.....I do have a few things missing though. ohmygod_smile

Monique could you whisper a few nice green words into Putty's ear when you have a moment.....please do it before you test Socks. nailbite_smile

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Monique...puleeese be careful....Spooky is NOT going to understand that Socks is doing an experiment.
    There is going to be hell to pay for this Monique. I just do not have a good feeling about this....feeding HC to Socks....
    this is not going to be a good thing for your new dining room seat covers....nah ah.... :eek:
    Total D I S A S T E R looms on the horizon. :roll: This is not a good thing....oh nooooooo.......
    Will have to visit Think Tank and see what happens.... :shock:

And Miriam...I didn't think you needed ALL that furniture....boy, you are a sound sleeper.... :lol:
    (it looks so nice in my place....just what I needed....you will get used to that airy feeling soon.....less dusting, etc :D You will thank me one day) Thanks for your pep talk...and Randi...thanks for coming by....we will never understand our kitties... :YMSIGH:

6. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Hope you get some good action out of the new fat dose. I have to agree with you Pat, the peeps on this board are absolutely amazing and a complete inspiration to any bean who has to deal with the trials of a diabetic kitty. They give us all such hope (and a few tears to go along with it too unfortunately). Can't imagine where Max and I would be right now if it wasn't for the "Old Timers" here on FDMB.

7. Monique & Spooky

Pat Spooky was totally unaware that anything unusual was taking place. He just wanted food! Now he is running through the house with a cucumber peeling he stole from the sink, I think he has some brain damage :roll: bcatrun_gif

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/24 Shadow +4=277

+4=277
    Well, Well....what have we here?
    I am still giggling about the cucumber peel....well, you are very lucky that he isn't exactly the
    sharpest syringe in the box....if he new what you were feeding Socks, well....I just don't want to hear about what would happen.... :lol:

9. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Nice drop for Shadow!! What kind of prezzie are you planning for mommabean next?? Maybe a blue or two... :thumbup

10. Monique & Spooky

Pat the results are in...........on Think Tank. I'm going ni-ni now, after I bandage up my bloody fingers :shock: just kidding.
    Pretest (12 hour fasting) 66mg/dl

fed 25g dry Purina One (ca. 28% carbs)
    +1 71
    +2 75
    +3 86
    +4 78
    +5 69

So myth BUSTED

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/24 +7=195, +8=217

+7=195
    +8=217
    Eating well, not a care in the world. Lazy Sunday here....what's for dinner?

Only one day Monique? Well, that was a good job of testing Socks...very nice!!! :mrgreen:

12. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Well that +10 sure was a heck of a lot better than AMPS! :mrgreen:
    Okay, I tried! :roll:
    You guys have had a heck of a time the last week, eh? I do hope you are using it to rest up! There should be a fool moon coming very, very soon...I think shadow is just getting highs out of his system, so he is ready for the party! I think they alternate high one full moon, low the next, and so on....WATCH OUT and BE READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

:YMHUG: I love coming to visit you guys! I hate that you have to be here...but Im so glad you are! :YMHUG:

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

AMPS=371 ~ F .75u Lev (1st cycle)
    +4=277
    +7=195
    +8=217
    PMPS=348 ~ F .75u
    ohmygod_smile what is going on with this kitty?

:lol: you are so cute Carolyn....I'm glad you are here too.... :YMHUG: (but not happy that you have to be here...uh..YOU know... :lol: )

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease, Shadow needs his green back.

Fun condo today!

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Shadow, you got your momma to fatten the dose so do your thing and go blue ... or blue/green. No dropping to low green, that doesn't help if you insist on bouncing so high.

Steady boy! Good luck Pat and quit sneaking around Miriam's house, hee, hee! :lol:

16. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

It's always a party in this place! It's no wonder anybody gets anything done!

So Mr Shadow kitty, whatcha gonna do tonight ?
    I heard ur mom has a fully stocked supply of test strips...and plenty more where that came from, so how about this, you come down and be a good boy and show us those greenie greens! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Si?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.