? 1/25, Sam, AMPS 104, +2 47 +2.3 51, + 3 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chuckstables, Jan 25, 2023.

1. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Haven't posted in a while, just wanted to post this.

AMPS 104

+2 47, feeding HC wet. Will retest in about half an hour.

He had several large poops last night (he likely was constipated), when I woke up this morning there were 4 poops in the litter box, seems like once he was able to poop it just... didn't stop. Not sure if that's why he dropped so low this morning? But looking at his levels over the last few days he's been flirting with a dose reduction.

Will be reducing to 0.75 units twice per day now.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  2. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

+3 56

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Constipation can make the numbers a bit higher, so relief would bring them back down to normal. Glad you caught that reduction. He hit 50's yesterday so was trending that way. I see you missed a couple nights of tests.

4. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

There were two days when I only did 3 tests for the day, so yes, a couple nights I didn't do a +2 or +3. I also forgot to add the 2.3 I did, I tested him 20 minutes after giving some HC wet, he had come up to a 51. I just tested him again and he's back up to a 56.

Melinda and Kitkat likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

High carb food can take a couple hours to wear off, and then the numbers could go down again, especially so early in the cycle, and given he didn't come up much. So keep testing for a couple hours after than first HC. I hope he stays up above 50 for you now.

6. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

That would be nice. It's good to see that I've been able to reduce his dose from 1.25 to 0.75 in a relatively short amount of time.

The constipation does concern me a bit though. Now that I think about it he really goes through these cycles where he doesn't poop much, his appetite goes down a bit the night before, and then he has a massive series of poops that are awful to clean up. I'm going to start giving him some baby squash food to give him every day, and maybe some miralax if it doesn't improve on it's own.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Sometimes our older kitties just need a little GI support. Trying the baby food squash if he likes it, is a good place to start.

8. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Ya Sam...good luck with the reduction :)

chuckstables likes this.