1/29. Do Daa: AMPS 269, +4.5 ...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Goose, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Previous Thread

SS Updated.

Nothing to report, same blah numbers, but pink. We'll be thinking of upping his dose to 3.25u in the morning. Or hold at 3u? Additional Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope Do Daa slides down for you :bighug:

And looks like you're feeding dry so are following SLGS? If so, the dosing method says to hold the dose for a week before increasing. Looks like you are on cycle 7 of 3u so you have 7 cycles to go. Of course if Do Daa drops below 90, you take the reduction immediately.

Looks like @Marje and Gracie posted a good explanation about holding the dose on SLGS on one of your previous condos - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2725325/

If eliminating the dry food is an option (so Do Daa would eat wet only), you could switch to TR and then could evaluate the dose every 6 cycles (unless a reduction is earned).

Hope you have a wonderful night!

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

After the no shot, count starts over again, so following SLGS, you'll need to hold the dose for a week, so that'd be evening of Feb 2nd before you can increase. Nice little dabble into blues last night though :cool:

4. Goose

Goose Member

This I wasn't aware of..... the count starts over again. So that's more understandable, I just hate wasting another 4 days on what looks like a failure, that's all.

5. Goose

Goose Member

Eliminating the dry food isn't an option for him. Thank you and have a wonderful night yourself!

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Maybe not a failure, let him settle back in since the depot was disturbed a bit. I know it is hard to see higher numbers, but he did have some movement last night, which is a good thing.

Goose likes this.
  7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Cycle counts starting over only applies to TR and not SLGS. That’s because TR is more aggressive and refers to “consecutive cycles”. SLGS has no such references. Doses are held for a week even if a dose is skipped. There’s usually plenty of time within a week for the depot to refill so there’s no need to restart the cycle count.

Because Goose is testing a lot, he doesn’t need to do a curve. He would just raise the dose back up the evening of Feb 1.

Goose......SLGS is not going to really benefit Daa because now he’s stuck....like you said...staying longer at these high numbers than he needs to for his body. That’s going to put him a bit at a disadvantage because he can build up some insulin resistance. I know we’ve talked about this before but I have yet to come across a cat that the dry food couldn’t be removed. You’ve also seen the big difference getting rid of the Dr. Elsey’s did for Henry. There are other options like freeze dried treats that are a bit crunchier than wet food if he likes that crunch. It would also benefit your other cat to get rid of the dry.

You’ve made a big decision in moving him to Lantus and I know how much you love him and want him to do well. If you were willing, you could just start slowly eliminating the dry and then he could make some real progress on TR.

JaxBenji and Christie & Maverick like this.
  8. Christie & Maverick

Ah, good to know, thanks for clarifying. I thought I had seen it mentioned with folks following SLGS in the past.

Marje and Gracie likes this.