1/3 Squirrel AMPS 388 +4 388?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adriana & Squirrel, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Adriana & Squirrel

Adriana & Squirrel Member

Hi there! I am new to this group but not at all new to diabetes as my boy has been diabetic for 11 years now. He was always a bouncy boy, +10 seems to be his nadir. Its been as of lately his numbers have gotten very wonky and being a DKA survivor (2010) I am afraid to go too low with him, 2 units suits him some days, others it sends him too low and then I come back with 400 bgs. And still other days as of late 2 units doesn't make a dent in his bgs. I am consistent with everything- foods, shots, tests,fluids.

Yesterday I had to use R insulin. he was at 488 (I try not to use it often as I'd like to get him regulated again on Lantus)
    I posted labs, no infection present.

At +4 today he's at 388 still. 100 mls of subqs. Subqs with certainty will lower his BG for tonights shot. He ate his lunch Weruva Goody Stew Shoes. Higher in carbs than ff pate I used to feed him but looking at his bloods and urine numbers I posted in his ss I want him.on low phosphorus. Hes a picky old brat too so any food i can get into him with reasonable carbs i will! Thought I'd join and maybe introduce myself, not much info on his ss yet but hopefully you can pick up on what I'm missing. Thanks all sorry I just realized I forgot to post his name and date in the title. I changed it, ill get the hang of this, bear with me lol thanks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Welcome. How have you been tracking his BG? If you could give us a couple weeks numbers we might bd better able to help.

3. Adriana & Squirrel

Hi! I home test by ear about 3-4 times a day And write it on paper so this SS will be a great tool to see trends. Thanks, ill get lots more info in the next few days!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Hi Welcome!

Do you have any previous data stored on the meter? Being able to see a little bit more would help to see how low the dose is taking Squirrel and how often :cat: I see he has Hyper T. How has the treatment been going?

Cute kitties! Which one is Squirrel?

Adriana & Squirrel likes this.
  5. Adriana & Squirrel

Thank you! He is on the right, and next to him is his 17 year old buddy Ruby! Yes let me get to this ss now.
    Great stuff here, I've been following fmdb for a long time to reference any question. I dont believe my boy would've survived this long without all the great info! Thanks again!

tiffmaxee and thebigfuzz like this.