1/30 Pino AMPS 110 +3 95 +5 70 +7 59 PMPS 9 +3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ariana, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Ariana

Ariana Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Ariana likes this.
  3. Ariana

Ariana Member

Again for @Wendy&Neko and @Bron and Sheba (GA) :
    When he was in hospital they did an ultrasound and it showed mild mitral regurgitation, dilated (mild) both atriums and distolic disfunction of both ventricles.
    Today we had another check up after 3 months and as the vet said his conditions is stable but he is showing mild signs of cardiomyopthy so she started him on clopidogrel.
    Any advices? Anything would help me understand that condition.

If me talk about his diabetes the vet was very pleased to see him in visible better condition, she also tested him for blood ketones that were negative. When we came home is vhecked his BG (+5) and it was 70 :cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That is good the ultrasound is the same as 3 months ago.
    I don’t know a lot about heart issues in cats but more about heart issues in humans.
    Plavix is a blood thinner and is used to prevent clots from occurring that could cause strokes or heart attacks.

Ariana likes this.
  5. Ariana

Ariana Member

I also know about Plavix because we also use the same med for humans to prevent clothes. That's why I said okay because I know it's a regural pratice in human also. :) I hope everything will be okay :bighug:

I would also really like to thank all of you guys really! We would't be here without you! I think Pino would not show so much progress if it wasn't for you guys that are always here to make sure we are okay, to keep us safe and to help us everytime we need that. REALLY THANK YOU! :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

This is where the mitral valve doesn’t close completely allowing some blood to leak backwards.
    These are the two top chambers of the heart. Dilation can occur when there are other issues with the heart putting it under a bit of pressure.
    The ventricles can be a bit stiff and don’t function quite as well as they could.

I’m sure they all sound scary but plenty of people (I can only talk about people) have mild issues like this and go about their normal lives. And stable is good. There are medications they can give for those conditions, if needed but they obviously don’t think he needs them at the moment.
    Taking the plavix is a safety measure to prevent clots and having the heart monitored when they recommend is a very good idea.
    I would also get his BP checked if they haven’t done that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Reason for edit: Changed talking to taking
    Ariana likes this.
  7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would also make sure I had a good cardiologist for him who you can consult when needed.

Ariana likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I second Bron's comments about getting him into a cardiologist vet if you can find one, and getting blood pressure tested. Neko's original heart murmur was, I think - been a few years - due to the mild mitral regurgitation. Apparently that's just something that happens with age. Neko's cardiologist was not worried about it when she had her first echocardiogram. She was also only just barely in the HCM range, but she also had Maine Coon background and a larger cat, so he wasn't worried about the extra size. She did not go onto Plavix until her heart got quite a bit worse, three years later. I think a cardio vet will be able to tell you if now is the right time to start Plavix. There are some downsides to it - if he's prone to injuries. Thankfully Plavix is a pretty cheap med to buy and small once you cut it to cat size.

Ariana and Bron and Sheba (GA) like this.