1/31/23 SNUGGLES AMPS 189 +20 mins 213 +3 285 PMPS 441 +2 317

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sandysh66, Jan 31, 2023.

1. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes you can give the 1 unit of Lantus.
    I would get a +2 to start to see how she is going :)

sandysh66 and Bandit's Mom like this.
  3. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Ok! I just fed her and gave the Lantus 1u. @Bron and Sheba (GA)

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Sandy On your spreadsheet I'll show you how to enter BG numbers if you had to stall
    In the same cell ( or square ) where you have the 189 you will leave it there and then put 213 + 20 min. That will show that you stalled and you gave her the insulin when it was 213. You then have to color code that manually yellow
    Talk later :bighug::cat: By the way you have the wrong date in your title should be 1-31 not 1-13 :p
    @sandysh66

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  5. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Take a look at corrections…let me know! Too early in the morning for all this! Guess ai was trying to go back in time! ‍♀️ @Diane Tyler's Mom

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Perfect! :cat:

7. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

I was nervous seeing the 189 this morning…I go to work stressed all day..any advice? @Diane Tyler's Mom

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

When I got on here morning and saw you stalled I figured you would be anxious , as long as you leave food out for her she should be fine
    How did she eat for you when you got home after work?
    You said yesterday she didn't eat her snacks , not even for your husband
    Did she eat them today from the feeder or if your husband checked in her did she eat

9. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Well she wouldn’t eat snacks. He came home to check on her and she will not eat the snacks..well I got home at 5 so no eating for her if I test at 7 right? Question..if I leave two snacks(a few teaspoons right?) and does eat it will that small amount of LC food bring up a blood sugar much? @Diane Tyler's Mom

10. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Correct no eating after 5 PM , If you must I would just leave about a good teaspoon size low carb as soon as you walk in the door, unless your husband gets home at 5 then he can give it to her.
    Usually it takes 2 hours for the food to start affecting the BG
    I had asked you when you were home for those 3 days did she eat for you?
    What about last night did she eat for you ?

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

13. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

Yes she ate for me great those 3 days I was off. My husband just told me whenever he tries to give her food she hisses and growls at him. Last night she ate a good supper and her two snacks..one at 930pm and around 2am. If her nighttime blood sugar is high I’m still giving her two snacks in the 2nd cycle right? Also, when she’s had the higher numbers in the evening these past two evenings could it be because the last two mornings she got her HC/LC meal and then a HC/LC snack right before I went to work? @Diane Tyler's Mom. All other snacks are LC..the only two HC/LC snacks were last two mornings..

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

It sounds like she only will eat good for you. I don't mean to laugh but when you said she hisses and growls at your husband I had to laugh.
    Maybe he can just put the bowl down and walk away from her .
    Has she eaten out of the feeder at all yet
    Yes give her the second snack tonight , try just giving her the low carb only , but be sure to test her just in case she has lower numbers , but I doubt it .
    About the higher BG at night I really couldn't say.
    Let's see what the other members say OK :cat:

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

On 1-30 you didn't get one more test in after the PMPS?

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

17. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

He did walk away..no go. He moved the dish to a few separate places and left the room..no go. Snuggles was with my mom…my brother used to tease her…I don’t think she cares for guys. I have been giving the LC for the two snacks for both cycles. The only 2 snacks she had that were HC/LC were the past two mornings before I went to work…from advice on here and anxiety kicks in that she’s going to drop too low. She hasn’t had any snacks for this cycle yet..I’m going to test her first. I will do both snacks LC tonight. @Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  18. sandysh66

sandysh66 Member

No I didn’t..but I’m getting tonight’s in a few minutes. She had HC/LC supper. @Diane Tyler's Mom ok…BS 9pm..317..Snuggles just ate a few teaspoons of LC wet…

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  19. Diane Tyler's Mom

I couldn't answer Sandy's question about this , just in case you didn't see her tags I did it again This was for last nights PMPS
    Also can you read her post #13
    Thanks Bhooma