? 1/31 Buddy AMPS 152 +4 64 +7 69 PMPS 69 - what do we do?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by lbeachstace, Jan 31, 2023.

1. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

We just did a PMPS for Buddy and was 69 - after having a great regulated day, following his AMPS :)

He's received 8 doses of 6 units so far.

Do we give him 6 units tonight? (We will definitely test at +2 and monitor him, if the numbers are low.)

Or do we lower his dose? If the answer is no to changing the dose, when would we lower his dose?

(this is truly amazing, btw!)

Last Thread from 1/28

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He has been pretty flat all day and you have shot 75 before. 69 is pretty much the same number with meter variance. If you can monitor, you can shoot the full dose. The PMPS might just be the nadir and he might head up from here.

As for reduction, he would earn a reduction by dropping below 50 or by staying in normal numbers for a week.
    Tagging @Wendy&Neko for confirmation since he is on a higher dose.

lbeachstace and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

Whoa, PMPS of 69 that's his lowest PMPS ever!!! Personally, I would have wanted to get a +3 or +4 with such a low pre-shot number last night, make sure he didn't dip below 50 late, which is common.

just to clarify Bhooma's comments, "normal numbers" means pretty much just greens with maybe a low blue sprinkled in here or there

Hendrick went through this process for weeks and weeks, each time he made it through another week with nearly all greens we reduced the dose .25 units until he went OTJ

And yes, it is truly amazing that you can lower the dose and yet his numbers got even better

I used to stare at Hendrick's spreadsheet in awe of what was happening as it seemed to defy reason. Less insulin, but better numbers. Pretty much a friggin' miracle.

Jackie and Biggie likes this.
  4. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

@Bandit's Mom thank you! I started this note last night and thought i hit reply. I apologize for not thanking you then.

@Hendrick Cuddleclaw - okay, i will do that next time. it's hard when we are both working full time and need to get sleep but i will set an alarm for +3 or +4.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Just to be clear I'm not telling you what to do here, I'm no expert.

It just reminds me of what Hendrick was going through and I know I stayed up late many nights once he started having such low pre-shot numbers and it did in fact pay off, I would not have caught him going under 50 at midnight if I didn't. The lack of sleep was brutal ngl. And I don't even have to fight traffic on the LIE in the morning......so I totally sympathize.

Seeing that he was 174 this morning, it almost feels like a mini-bounce to me, so maybe he did dip low last night.

6. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

@Hendrick Cuddleclaw - first off, i TOTALLY appreciate your guidance and input, so i hope i didn't come off as if i don't! :)

Can you do me a favor, and share Hendrick's SS with me? really curious to see what it looked like, and it may help us understand what you went thru.

7. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

oof, this is a very sore point for me. Hendrick's SS was mysteriously deleted from my Google Drive on December 26th 2022 along with 21 other items. I have a ticket open with Google in the hopes they can recover it because it shows that it was PERMANENTLY deleted and I sure as hell did not do it. And no, my account is not compromised and if it was why would someone delete 22 random items from my Drive folder if they had my pw?

It just KILLS me that I lost all those notes and entries of his diabetic journey to remission. All I have is a single screenshot from the very first day he ever earned a reduction, I'll post it. I remember I hugged him, tears streaming from my face, blubbering "I knew you could do it....I knew you could...."

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    lbeachstace likes this.
  8. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

9. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

@Hendrick Cuddleclaw - your post :bighug::joyful::). i think we are in a similar place where we are stunned that he got a reduction. so sorry about the google sheets...that stinks!!

10. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

yeah it really stinks. Back your stuff up, save it to a hard drive, email yourself a copy.....do *something* -- I did nothing, just trusted google. bah!

on a side note holy @#$% Buddy almost earned another reducie today!! 57 whoa!!! You may want to keep an eye out tonight for a low number....

lbeachstace likes this.
  11. lbeachstace

lbeachstace Member

yea, my husband and i said the exact thing about backing up cloud docs!

YES, i JUST said, someone is pushing for a reduction! we will be testing him in an hour from the 57 BUT also know to keep an eye on him tonite. He's been in a GREAT mood recently and looking a tiny bit stronger in his hind legs.

Hendrick Cuddleclaw likes this.