1/4 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 122, +6=100, PMPS=112, +3=92, +4=73, +7=110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Looking beautiful, Gideon :D And sorry if this has been asked before but havce you considered switching to a human meter now that he's on such a small dose? I've seen other kitties (of course I can't remember who...) do this...oh wait, I remember one - @Colio switched when they got to smaller doses and are now on an OTJ trial. Some of his blues turned green :)

And doesn't look like you posted yesterday so you just attached the last post - I found it by clicking on your profile > Recent Postings.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-177-7-94-pmps-106-3-72-5-96-7-122.240909/

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gideon. I hope you get a blue/green surf today.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I haven't thought about switching to a human glucometer because the Alphatrac takes so little blood. He had a BLUE day today. That's OK. He is doing well overall.
    I am so glad he is stable, and I don't worry so much about him going hypo, or big bounces. Currently, I have another kitty who doesn't feel well, and I am syringe feeding him, so this takes a bit of time. Tests are pending.

Good night all. Off to work shortly!

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sending good vibes to your other kitty :bighug: Good luck with work :bighug:

6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have a kitty who isn't feeling well, hope everything is okay. As for the human meter, it might be worth considering, since it does help following the dosing methods which are based on human meters. Up to you.

I had the same trouble, I loved the small blood drop the AT2 needed, plus liked that the blood drop went into the side of the strip, so I settled on a Freestyle Lite meter which is the same in blood drop size and where the blood drop goes into the strip. I tried the One Touch but often got errors, likely because I didn't have a big enough blood drop for it :rolleyes:

This is a little old, but might help you, if you do decide to switch to a human meter.

http://main.diabetes.org/dforg/pdfs/2018/2018-cg-blood-glucose-meters.pdf