1/7 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS=119, +6=98, PMPS=118, +3=53, +5=88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Looking really good :bighug:!!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Shiloh567 likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

My Gideon Boy took a hypo dip last night at +3, when he was 53. I was asleep and I barely remember my husband telling me the reading. I do remember telling him to give him some 10% carb food. I then fell asleep and he did not retest, because I did not tell him to. I woke at +5 and didn't know if I was dreaming, so I tested him, and he was 88. This morning he bounced AMPS=148. I am going to withhold his insulin based on that scary drop last night. He is only getting a couple drops at this point. I have mentioned, I push the insulin plunger all the way up to the bottom of the ZERO line.

Do you agree with withholding Gideon's insulin this AM?
    Should I give his normal insulin dose this AM?

Not sure who is on to answer.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Just saw this. Let me look at your SS and get back.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

How about reducing to a drop dose?

Also, are you feeding a snack at +9 to see if his PS numbers come down?

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I would recommend reducing to a drop dose and try giving him a small snack at +9. I think he is looking great but with those readings in the 140's this morning and acouple of days ago, he would probably benefit from the above. I don't think the number this morning is a bounce. Can you get a test at +2 see whether he comes down or if he is still up in blue?

He came up with LC food from that dip below 68.
    58 is not a hypo event, even though it scared you to see it, a hypo event would be one where he would experience symptoms of hypoglycaemia. The 68 is a number that through experience has been picked to use as a take action number for TR. When they drop below it you take the reduction.

It's not uncommon to find that when some cat's go into remission that they give spontaneous readings below 50 on a human meter (George has given me a 42) or 68 on a petmeter.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Gideon is free fed, except for 2 hours before testing. So, he has food available to him. What kind of snack should I be feeding at +9 (4AM)?

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Then that wouldn't necessarily apply to Gideon.

When they get to a micro dose like Gideon is on, if the CG is giving set meals, often they won't be feeding after +6, if we see that the PS numbers are still a bit high then what we do is feed a +9 snack, this often is just enough to make the pancreas secrete it's own insulin and we find the PS numbers will dip to the levels we want.

This is what I had to do to bring him down into the range that I wanted (below 100 with a human meter).

11. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

+2=87 without giving insulin.

Gill & George likes this.