1/8 Cosmo AMPS 295, +2 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Jan 8, 2021.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-7-cosmo-amps-216-2-256-4-245-pmps-398.241146/

A nice yellow start for Cosmo again :) she had a bit of a mini bounce into pinks last night, but seems to be coming back down today. Hoping for a beach visit :cool:

Yesterday’s saliva collection went....ok :confused: I’m pretty sure we didn’t collect enough saliva. I’m not sure how on earth we are supposed to get 0.5 ml. Cosmo has never been a drooler. The instructions aren’t entirely clear. The video says to wet the rope with saliva and then cut the moist rope into the test tube. Problem was, is there was no rope, but an absorbent foam and then the instructions that came with the kit said to squeeze the foam and press it with a plunger to squeeze the saliva into the vial and to do that until you get 0.5ml. Well, we squeezed and squeezed, but didn’t get even a tiny drop into the vial :( Poor Cosmo. He was a good sport. I’ve emailed the company to see what we should do. I’ve saved the absorbent foam piece in the tube for now. Hopefully we don’t have to repeat and can send it in for analysis.

@Marje and Gracie was that your experience with it too?

Hope everyone has a great day!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

When I watched the video and read tge directions I had a feeling I wouldn’t be able to get enough and thought I might have my vet do it at Mocha’s next visit.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Cosmo keeps sliding down today. Sometimes Furball will drool when I'm petting her and she gets really happy. Does Cosmo ever do that?

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Will he get drooly at all if he smells something delicious? Butters will drool a lot when I hold specific treats (fresh cooked meat treats) up to her face.

thebigfuzz likes this.