10/08 curve day Pufi AMPS 351 +2 320 +4 279 +6 200 +8 215 +10 286 PMPS 324

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...32-4-254-10-263-pmps-295.220147/#post-2455972
    Well today is curve day . Start is at 351 and +2 320. On this dose the onset is early, the nadir around +4. I'll see what Pufi has to tell me today but I feel he will receive 2 U :rolleyes:.
    I want to increase tonight even I will not be home because he usually has a reaction after 2-3 cycles and I think that will give me the advantage of monitoring the next 2 days when I can test frequently.
    Do you think he will be ok if I increase this night? I mean without testing until AMPS and with auto feeder set up?.
    Also I wanted to ask you about dental. He has an appoinment on 10/21 but I do not like the ideea very much. I feel I couldn't stand watch him under anesthesia at this moment. I feel I should postpone this.
    This year I had to take care of my husband with a TIA ( mini stroke), my father with colon cancer ( surgery, chemotherapy and now radiotherapy), my grandmother with broken hip and then sudden death, my husband again with car accident and broken ribs and of course Pufi's diabetes. I am affraid for him , I have bad dreams . It's too much for me right now and I feel I will crash if I will take him there. Am I crazy ? Am I doing him any harm if I will do dental later?

2. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry u have gone thru all this
    If it makes u feel uncomfortable, then wait unless it's really bad and he needs it done NOW
    I've lost 2 cats in 8 months so I know the feelings u r having, seems in on guard all the time now with the remaining 2, dreams too,sending mental healing vines to you

4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Thank you! :bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree unless he absolutely needs the dental now you should postpone it. You need to take care of yourself too. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  6. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

He does not absolutely need this now. Just wanted to take care of all aspects who could involve in insuline response.
    I am fine , physically but mentally I am kind of crazy. Strange thing is that I am anxious close to madness only when Pufi is involved. Crazy cat lady :woot:

7. Bellasmom

Yes, take care of yourself, sometimes with sick kitties we forget that, hope you feel better soon

8. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

+6 200

Bellasmom likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

Almost blue!

Sanda Elena likes this.
  10. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Yup! But not blue

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there. In regards to increasing tonight and not being around to monitor is tricky. As you said , he usually starts working a dose the 2nd to 3rd cycle but the new new dose could be the dose that starts to get things going and he could have a strong response to the increase. Could you get at least a +2 before you leave?

As far as the dental , was it suspected that he had a bad tooth and it lots of red and inflamed gums , that could keep his numbers higher? Pain and inflammation effects BG numbers in an unfavorable way. However, I do understand that you’ve been through a lot recently. Only you can decide what you can handle now. I’m just throwing things out to consider.

Bellasmom likes this.
  12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sanda, try to put things into perspective. You've got a very full plate. You're doing a wonderful job with Pufi! If you feel overwhelmed, which I'm not surprised about, try to schedule the dental IF you see that his gums are red/swollen or if he's exhibiting problems chewing, salivating, tongue sticking out - which could be an indicator of the urgency of the dental. It's pretty hard to get a look inside Pufi's mouth...but he may exhibit symptoms.

I'd hold off with increasing at night - based on your stress level right now - increase in the morning when you know you can be around...or on a weekend when your schedule allows you to be at home more.

I hope your curve goes well today - it'll give you more information as to when Pufi's goes the lowest on this dose.

Sending you support and mental health vines. You're a strong person for enduring all of that strife within your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

No, I can't get a +2, that's the hard part. I will chose the safe way and increase in the morning.
    As for the dental it's still time to think about and decide. Maybe I will feel different next week

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Thank you! I will increase in the morning.
    :bighug:

16. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

17. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

18. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

PMPS 324