10/1 Indie Curve Day - remains pretty flat...Keep dose as is??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica & furbaby Indie, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Jessica & furbaby Indie Member

Hello,

Hope everyone is having a good day/night!

I wanted to get thoughts on what I should do about Indie's dosing. Should I just keep her as is at 1.25?? She seems to be responding well. I only was able to test during the day today for her curve and she remained pretty flat. Seemed like an odd day. Normally I see a distinct curve. Today I definitely did not and she didn't eat much different than normally.

I so appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,
    Jessica

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

According to SLGS you would hold the dose until you see an under 90. Close but not quite. Overall Indie is looking pretty good. :cool: Lantus is good at those flat curves. As for feeding before dinner, it's hard to be tough but good for them. Maybe make us some zero or very low carb snacks like boiled chicken breast pieces to keep her quiet until shot time.

3. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Jessica & furbaby Indie Member

Thats what I thought but wanted confirmation as I have been wrong in the past! Thanks for responding! :)

Someone else mentioned boiled chicken. I am clueless when it comes to meat as I personally don't cook it. Do I buy boneless skinless breasts and then boil it?
    I Googled it and found the below but doesn't say what cut of meat to buy.

"Do not include onions, garlic or other ingredients that are toxic to cats. Cook the chicken on medium-high heat until the meat's internal temperature measures 170 degrees Fahrenheit or until the chicken is no longer pink when cut. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat with two forks or your fingers."

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, you can either bake or broil the plain chicken breast. If you boil it, then you can save the liquid as a topper or treat. I use it to mix some of Neko's meds in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.