10/10 Cozmo amps 217, +6 306, pmps 305

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy ♡ Cozmo, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Amy ♡ Cozmo

Amy ♡ Cozmo Member

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. We were doing really well, and then we went away for a weekend in Sept that I know stressed him out. And his numbers have been higher ever since. I just increased him back up to .75 hoping to get him back down to greens. But some days his numbers don't even look like he got insulin at all. I feel like I'm back to square one. Does anyone more experienced see anything I'm missing??
    ♡ thank you ♡

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2844575/

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Amy ♡ Cozmo

Amy ♡ Cozmo Member

4. tiffmaxee

5. Amy ♡ Cozmo

Amy ♡ Cozmo Member

Ok :-(
    Back up to a full unit.
    Thank you.

Is there any way to tell when insulin might be losing it potency? I've had this vial since april. The expiration date isn't until 4.22, but when my vet gave it to me it wasn't brand new. It had been used a bit. It's clear and looks fine, but I've read on here some people who have questioned whether they need a new pen or vial. If I increase and still don't see much change.. should I consider that? Since he's never been over a 1 unit dose before?

Thank you ♡

6. tiffmaxee

That’s a definite possibility. I was only able to used my vials for 6 months. I switched to pens and used them to the last drop.

7. Amy ♡ Cozmo

Amy ♡ Cozmo Member

Hmm. Ok. I think I'll try this unit dose and maybe I'll order some pens. The pens last longer if they are unopened? Like.. it sounds like I'll have to buy 5. So I'll go through obe quicker then a vial... but the unopened pens will last longer?
    Thank you so much. It's so heartbreaking to feel like I'm going backwards.

8. tiffmaxee

It could very well be the insulin has lost its punch. A box of 5 lasted me a year. Ordered from Marks Marine in Canada. I’ve seen people say they were able to buy single pens though. Max was on over 1 unit though.