10/15 Curve Pufi AMPS 306 +3 275, +6 269, +9 268 PMPS 214 +3 190 +6 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-292-5-30-186-6-40-152.220357/#post-2459355
    Good morning everyone!
    7 th day on 2 UI and after an interesting start things are changed. On 12/10 we had some blues and after that just pinks and rare yellows. It's like a long bounce which I hope it will breake soon or another increase will follow. I'll try to do a curve today to see what he's doing with this juice o_O.
    Pufi it's very playfull and loving , I kind of spoiled him since his dx and now he wants a lot of my attention. We started this morning running around the house and playing with his favorite toy. Next week we will travel for 4 days and my father in low will take care of Pufi, feeding, giving him insuline but not testing so I need a vacantion dose advice. Do you think 2 UI it's safe? 1,75 it's hard to measure and 1.5 it's too low

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m gonna leave that question up to more experienced people who travel, I never leave Bella, so I’d be afraid to give advice
    Hope you have a pleasant trip

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Since you're on SLGS you're almost ready for an increase...it's hard to say how low this dose is taking him since you don't have many mid-cycle tests. Could you get some more tests during the hours where you don't have any? AM and PM pre-shot levels are not an indicator of how low this dose might be taking him. Maybe see if he gets some better numbers before trying to figure out vacation dose?

I don't leave Luci either - so perhaps others will suggest dosing for when you're away. Luci goes on all my vacations :)

Bellasmom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

I don't have mid cycle tests when I am at work. As for the PM cycle I always test before bed and set the alarm at +6 when he is not bouncing and I am home.
    I cannot take him with me because we teavel by car and this will be a major stress for him. :banghead: I feel anxious to leave him but I've promissed my son a short vacantion some time ago and since we don't go anywere since Pufi dx I cannot cancel.
    My plan is to increase if today AM and PM numbers are still hi and , before living ( 10/25) 10 days from now figure a vacantion dose.
    Or hold the dose until we came back on 10/29 ( that I don't like very much).
    Still don't know what to do with dental procedure. I didn't cancel it but I am not confortable with the ideea of living him 4 days after dental and with no one to test

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear he can't go with you in the car. We're going to be traveling by car soon too...2 days on the road...Luci usually settles down after a very short time in her carrier - but I can tell it's stressful for her too, based on her blood glucose numbers - which usually skyrocket.

Perhaps you could postpone the dental until you get back?

6. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

So...the numbers are as follows AMPS 306, +6 269, +9 268 PMPS 214. Usually he nadirs at PMPS when the bounce is over.

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down Pufi
    Have a great day Laura

Sanda Elena likes this.
  8. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like Pufi needs more insulin unless he drops down to low blues tonight. It's hard to tell sometimes how low a dose takes them when we can't test because of work and needing sleep for work. Just do the best you can getting tests around your work schedule.

We usually suggest asking about a vacation dose about three days before you are planning to leave.

10. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

I also think he needs more juice. I will increase to 2.25 tomorrow morning because I will be at work tonight and cannot test . Usually the new dose kiks in after 3 cycles but 2 IU it's the highest dose so far so I prefere to be around and watch .
    I will leave next friday at noon so if I will set a vacantion dose I have to do it by tuesday. That means if I will increase tomorrow he will stay only 6 days on the new dose .