10/15 JILL AMPS 198 / +2.5 115 / +4 72 / PMPS 52, 51 / + 1.25 60 / +4 75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Jill (the cat), Oct 15, 2021.

1. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Debra and Jill (the cat) Member

Yesterday's post >
    Yesterday's BGs: AMPS 211 / +4 100 / PMPS 157 / +2 115 / + 3 98 / +4 98

Increased back up to 3.75 last night.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope you see some green today.

3. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I don't know what has happened! She's never been this low pre-shot before. Now I feel terrible that I didn't test her more this afternoon, but I never expected she would drop lower than she was at +4. Who knows how much lower she dropped without me knowing. I think she hates this dose - I do - it's making everything totally unpredictable.

What do I do? She's having a mc snack now but I can't shoot, right? I definitely don't feel comfortable shooting and I can't move my shot times around too much this weekend because on Sunday we have to be gone for most of the day.

@tiffmaxee
    @Bandit's Mom
    @smorgasbord

4. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Tagging @carfurby in case you're checking in.

5. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Should I have not fed her? Now I feel like I should have waited 15-20 mins and tested again but I also think I remember a time when she was dropping because I didn't feed her at pre-shot. I think that was on 8/10. I suck at this.

6. Debra and Jill (the cat)

25 mins later, she's still at 51. That snack hasn't kicked in yet.

7. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

The first time this happened to me, I auto fed too, you don’t suck!
    I’m trying to remember what Bhooma told me when I got 51 as well. Let me look up that thread. I think as long as can monitor you can shoot.

8. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I can monitor but her nadir tends to be so early in the cycle. Thanks for responding btw :)

9. smorgasbord

10. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I think we are just skipping tonight. I was going to move her shot back a little this weekend anyway so I’ll start earlier tomorrow morning and — should I reduce the dose? I bet she went under 50 sometime this afternoon but who knows for sure. I was so hopeful, things were looking good early this afternoon.

smorgasbord likes this.
  11. smorgasbord

Hey, if you don’t feel comfortable shooting this low, don’t do it!

Added bonus of moving it back an hour, vs being an hour late. I think you don’t reduce. I was told recently it’s based on numbers we see. And we didn’t see a lime.

12. Debra and Jill (the cat)

13. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I should be around most of the day tomorrow so I can test more often. Every time i think I’m going to do a curve Jill does something unexpected. Does doing a curve when you know something unusual is happening make sense or does it not matter because she’s still kind of all over the place?

14. smorgasbord

I think I just got a little PTSD re-reading that.

Good reminder to brush up on what to do when getting a low PS. Clearly I’m fuzzy on it ;)

15. smorgasbord

Waste of a curve if you ask me. Kind of like doing a curve on a day they are bouncing. Not good data at all.
    Just test more tomorrow/when you can and a pattern *should* emerge.

16. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Now she's at 60 so at least she's going up and not down. Hopefully not too far up. I'll test again tonight and we will start fresh in the am.
    Thanks, Joey!

smorgasbord likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody was around. You could have shot time if she just got a teaspoon of lc. It’s actually fine to shoot a 51 as well with TR and feeding mc since over 50 was fine.

18. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I was worried to shoot because she goes low quickly. Why was she even so low tonight? Jeez.

19. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Debra, it would be good if you got late cycle tests. I know most of the time it doesn't tell you much, but if you get in the habit you can avoid the panic at shot time. Any number over 50 is good to shoot. Lantus keeps low numbers steady. That's where "shoot low to stay low" comes from.

ETA: Jill is still a little bouncy and as you noted, unpredictable. That's why late cycle testing will be your best friend.

Here's the sticky you should read and re-read:
    Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

tiffmaxee likes this.
  20. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I will try to get more later in the cycle. I’m not sure how to get comfortable shooting in the 50s though. Guess I have to try it and see?

21. Katherine&Ruby

Once you try it you will feel more comfy doing it. I edited my post to add the how to handle low preshot numbers sticky. Always good to read.

22. Katherine&Ruby

If it makes you feel any better, Ruby often nadirs well past shot time these days. The great thing about Lantus is that it doesn't kick in for 2-3 hours after shot time, so you have plenty of time to feed MC or HC after the shot if you feel like it to make sure she stays up. I break out the MC when she's a lower number than I am used to seeing and keep feeding her small amounts of it. She loves the gravy, will lap it up, and she stays safe.

23. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You stopped testing at +4. She started I bet she was green all afternoon. I agree that you need to get some tests later in the cycle. I would have gotten a +5 or +6. Your clue that she would go lower was the +2 being lower than the amps.