10/16 Jax PMPS 88,+2 95,+3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaxBenji, Oct 16, 2020.

1. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Happy Friday!

Anyone have thoughts on nudging up Jax's dose to nudge him down a little?

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice, but have a great day Suzanne and Jax :)

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. I would take him back up to 1.25. I think this is his first failed reduction. It might not last long but will jump start him I think.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Jax’s SS looks great! I personally wouldn’t change anything, and I’m a teensy bit jealous of all that green. :D

I’m curious about how you feed him, though. Are you feeding every couple hours to prop up his glucose through the day, or is that just how he likes to eat? Moe nibbles about a tablespoon at a time over about two hours, until he’s eaten 5-6 ounces.

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. JaxBenji

Thanks, Elise! Yes, it's his first failed one. We'll see how he does back at 1.25. I always did think that reduction was out of the blue. We'll go back up tonight.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Personally I would rather take a reduction and have it fail than not try especially when mostly green. No harm in trying. I almost suggested this yesterday. You really know how to run this dance!

JaxBenji likes this.
  8. JaxBenji

Thanks, Erin! I too am happy with his greens (and even his blues are lowish), just seeing if I can get him slightly lower :D

As for food, he gets about 6 tablespoons every cycle (he weighs 13-14 lbs, 15 yo, sleeps all day...just an old man kitty :)) - he'll eat what I put down right away - he does not have the word "graze" in his vocab :p. I usually give half of his food at shot time and then space out the others. I'm used to feeding the early part of the cycle because he used to take somewhat dramatic drops so I just tried to slow him down. So I'll feed a couple of teaspoons (usually 2) when I go test him at +2 and +3 and then go from there.

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

Awh thanks :bighug: Helps to have a pretty flat kitty. And let's be honest, Jax is running this thing :cat:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Susanne, good luck with the increases tonight.
    Have a good day and scritches for Jax :bighug::cat:

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I had a laugh at this because he sounds like Butters, who is also missing the word "graze" in her vocabulary. Yay for autofeeders!! Having to dole out food teaspoons at a time is a lot of work.

Good luck with the increase! I also think it is going to jumpstart him. I see PJ parties in your very near future...I'm sure you've missed them. :p:D

Have a wonderful day.:bighug:

Sue and Luci, JaxBenji and thebigfuzz like this.
  12. JaxBenji

These cats are silly! It's like zero trust that I'll be back and feed him more food lol. I mean it's only been fifteen years but who's counting (I am, I am counting!).

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose tonight.

JaxBenji likes this.
  14. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Lol at the no grazing. I don't think Jazzy has ever left even a speck of food in his dish in his whole life (except where he stopped eating completely and got sick). But nope, I've not had to worry about whether he'll eat at shot time. He's not picky. :)

JaxBenji likes this.
  15. JaxBenji

Haha, same! Never have worried about not eating. Tall tale sign when he's sick!

Cheryl & Jazzy likes this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase! Might be just the nudge he needs...and if not he's gonna let you know real soon :)

Have a great evening Susanne!

JaxBenji likes this.
  17. JaxBenji

Well, that was nice of Jax to give a nice green to shoot. Gave the increased dose and will grab some early tests to see what he's planning :D