10/17/19 Willow OTJ Trial Day 2, AMBG 76 (4.2), PMBG 86 (4.8)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Oct 17, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

yesterday

Vet visit this morning for bloodwork and cystocentesis for urine c/s. Hope it won't stress her too much...
    with love, Nikki

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good luck with the vet! Hope it doesn't impact her trial...she's doing so well!

nslade001 likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Very nice Willow!

nslade001 likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2! Sending vetty vines.
    :):)

nslade001 likes this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2 Willow!!! :D:D
    Hope everything goes well at the vet and Willow doesn't get too stressed. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't stress with the vet Willow, you're doing good ! :D:D

Nikki, what are you feeding Willow? My 17yo girl was just dx CKD stage3 and I have to switch her from FF to low phos. We don't have as much choice as in the States; it would help me if you could suggest some. :)

nslade001 likes this.
  7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Yeahhh WILLOWW!!

Happy day 2!! :D

nslade001 likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2! If she elevates up some from the vet , don’t stress. She’ll come back down again by tomorrow.

9. nslade001

Thanks everyone! Guess who peed a great big pee over her litterbox as I was getting her carrier? Sigh. Rescheduled vet for tomorrow, no apt left today.

Lyane, Willow is getting a mixture of foods because (1)we're trying to avoid chicken and (2)she needs pate, combine these with (3)low carb and (4)low phosphorus, and it's difficult. Also, she goes through extreeeeeeemly fussy phases when she's nauseas, which ups the fun factor. We also use purebites toppers to keep her motivated, and as reward treats.

We avoid the pate issue by making a slurry with water with the immersion blender.

She gets a mixture of Merrick limited ingredient turkey (which she loves), Weruva Meow Luao (I spelled that wrong lol) and Weruva truluxe glam n punk, which is ideal but she'll only eat it alone for a while. Some of these are higher phos than I like, but I hope the others bring the level down....wayne has a ratio of the three he feeds. Carbs on all 3 are fine.

We also fed Instinct limited ingredient turkey, I can't remember why we stopped that...now I have to look at it again.

Whole Earth Farms duck pate changed their formula and is now high phos.

If your girl can eat chicken there are quite a few weruva that are low phos I think, like fowl ball and frickazee if I remember correctly. (The Weruvas tend to be lower calorie though, so you need to feed more, and Willow can't/won't eat larger amounts of food).

I suspect that I'm going to have to add a phosphorus binder after this bloodwork because her phosphorus was creeping up last check, and her calcium was a bit high.

Hope this helps some, I'm sorry your girl was diagnosed with crf, it sucks :( We also do SQ fluids when constipated/off food or water. I can let you know where we order supplies and meds if you'd like.

With love, Nikki

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Nikki, I'm so happy for you and Willow - things were so rough for you for a while. OTJ is so exciting - we are heavily rooting for you!

Tina needs low phosphorus, and her only food (WEF duck changes were a disappointment) is Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken (Dry matter basis 3.9 carbs, .82 phos). The chicken is in big pieces, but I cut and squish long enough to get a semi-pate! But you don't want chicken . . .
    I would love more options on food too Nikki. I've spent a lot of time looking, and have come up pretty short.

If you use a phosphorus binder, is it healthy or ok, to feed higher phosphorus foods? If yes, all my cats loved Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein turkey pate (they have beef, etc). It's phosphorus level is a little over 1, and only 1-2 carbs I think.

nslade001 likes this.
  11. nslade001

Thanks so much! I can't find the food in canada, just the litter. I was so excited moving so close to the border, I thought I'd be able to buy cat food in the states (much wider variety!) but border laws say no :(
    With love, Nikki

12. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

944C5224-43E8-43B1-8035-E2720052CFD3.jpeg

I'm sending a pm with details!

13. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines and whoo hooo day 2

nslade001 likes this.