10/19-Dolly-AMPS255-Vomited, eating very little

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Oct 19, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...2-309-3-5-whats-going-on.236799/#post-2656880
    PST. Tested Dolly this morning at 6:30, fed her and she instantly vomited. Tried to get her to eat, not interested. She never vomits, not even hairballs. Very thirsty. She ate a little Dr. Elsey's around 7:00, normally she only gets a limited amount left out overnight until fasting time, she eats very little of it. I finally gave her insulin at 7:12. She ate some low carb treats and I gave her 10mg Cerenia in a pill pocket. Tested her at 9:04, 247. She finally ate a "few" bites of her canned food. My totally compliant cat for BG testing has started hiding from me. Her preferred ear is sore and I hurt her a few times. I did not test her last night after preshot to give her a break. She is not trusting of me right now. She is due for a curve tomorrow, today is day 7 of 1 unit. She just ate more canned food. Thought about a Libre, not sure. Just looking for some feedback. Sorry for being a little scattered.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope she keeps the food down. It sounds like she isn't feeling very well. I hope she feels better soon and this is just a one day thing. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks so much. She’s in her new hiding place. Makes me sad. :bighug::bighug:

4. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I just reread my post again and I apologize for a bunch of words and not getting to the point. I was going to post today but about a different concern.

On Friday my husband is having surgery. We have to leave an hour before shot time. I guess I just move her back about 15 minutes a day but it makes me nervous to not be here when her shot kicks in. I am always here post shot, she is a social eater and grazes. I often have to sit on the floor and put the bowl literally in her face to get her to eat. We will be gone about 5 hours.

I’m sorry, not sure what I am looking for unless you could come over to make sure she eats. ;) I know people do it every day but it’s my Dolly girl

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You move the shot back by 15 minutes per cycle, or 1/2 hour once per day. How long will you be gone after shot time?

6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

4-5 hours

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Another option is two 18 hour cycles. Don't shoot in the morning at usual shot time. Shoot 6 hours later after you are home. Then shoot the following morning, 18 hours later. It's not an ideal scenario, but could work for your situation.

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks for another option. Sorry for answering yesterday’s post. :bighug: