10/20 Elmo AMPS 475 +1 527,+2 434, +3 310,+ 4 263,+5 210,+6 225,+ 7 327 PMPS. 563

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

10/18

Good morning all ..... Elmo is dropping rapidly today after a hard Saturday. Trying to slowly feed to slow the drop but his stomach has been up set. Giving SEB slowly and food slowly. Sending hugs and prayers to all in need ❤️

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  2. Beth 73

@carfurby @Wendy&Neko @MrWorfMen's Mom Elmo just spit up the 1 t food I slowly gave him. Giving aloe/water as that is staying down. Any suggestions as to how to steer when he is doing this ?Ate well overnight ....spitting up began as numbers started falling

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  3. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

I wish I knew something to help you. I am sending supportive vines. :bighug: Hope somebody who can help chimes in soon.

Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Thanks, JJ ❤️ Slowly giving little amounts of aloe/water as he is keeping that down . I’m thrilled to see numbers going down after yesterday but hoping they will slow down .

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't have answers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You could try adding a minuscule drop of honey/karo to the water and hope it does not upset the great loveable beast. But if it were me, I'd leave be. Upset tummy trumps steering if you are steering only to prevent the bounce. If the great loveable beast's numbers were low, that would be a different story.

7. Beth 73

“Great lovable beast “❤️ You are the best , Kel :bighug: Have gone to my homeopathic remedy protocol where I give 2cc every 15 minutes and he is keeping that down. You are absolutely correct, upset tummy trumps a bounce . Those are words I needed to hear :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Beth 73

I’ll take hugs, Paula :bighug: Thanks ❤️

9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

More hugs Beth, I hope Elmo starts to feel better soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Beth 73

Thanks, Sonia ❤️ Homeopathic remedy is helping and like Kel said, at this point tummy upset trumps a bounce . :bighug: Hugs to you and Leo :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Beth 73

@Red & Rover (GA) .....Kel, that honey in water is a good bit of wisdom ....going to write that down on my List for future reference ❤️

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I agree, tummy trumps numbers. No worries about lows at this point so take that opportunity to settle the tummy.

Beth 73 likes this.
  13. Beth 73

Thanks, Auntie Linda ❤️ Remedy ( Nux Vomica) is working ...going to let him tell me when he wants food :bighug:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  14. Red & Rover (GA)

I hope Elmo feels better soon. I'm off. If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen the rest of the afternoon making bread.

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Beth 73

Sounds like a wonderful plan, Kel ❤️

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Elmo. I hope his tummy is better now. What potency of Nux Vomica do you give?

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. Beth 73

Hi Carla :) It was a 30 c....given 2 cc every 15 minutes... he licked some baby food but still no interest in food....got a 540 Just now at +10.... going to try to get him to eat on own and if not syringe and see if it stays down...any thots on PM shot ? Can’t give much with no food on board...what do you think ? @carfurby

18. carfurby (GA)

I hope you can get Elmo to eat. If he's not eating at all, or only eating a little, maybe you an give a reduced dose of 0.25 units. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  19. Beth 73

Thanks , Carla ❤️ He just slowly ate ab a teaspoon full....had to take it to him... watching to see if it will stay down... thinking of a one time reduced dose tonight ... he isn’t giving much of a choice ....again, thank you, Carla :bighug::bighug::bighug: You know him and his antics, especially at night :rolleyes:

Suzanne Burton and Sonia & Leo like this.
  20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Beth, I hope his tummy has settled down, sending big hugs to you and Elmo
    that cutie pie sure keeps you busy. Hoping tonight goes better than today

Beth 73 likes this.
  21. Beth 73

Think I’ll go with a skinny one time .50 tonight since eating is still iffy....will probably be a bit more than
    Thanks, Diane ❤️ I know he is trying really hard so we will continue to stand with him ❤️

22. Beth 73

PMPS..563......think we will go with a skinny .50 @carfurby.......maybe just a pinch more than .25.....what you think of that , Carla ? He still is barely eating....will slowly eat baby food but that’s not carbs....he had a FS last night and was at 400s this AM which sadly thrilled me ...no black or HI....thankful for those blessings ❤️

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  23. carfurby (GA)

He's so high he should be okay. I hope he eats more for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  24. Red & Rover (GA)

He should be okay with being so high.
    Is he not eating because he's nauseous?

Beth 73 likes this.
  25. Beth 73

Prayers happily received , Carla :bighug:

26. Beth 73

I think so , Kel :bighug: Checked ketones..negative ..so VERY thankful for that....all he will eat is a little baby food ..is now beside me on couch instead of over behind a stack of books.. interacting a bit more ... ❤️

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  27. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hope Elmo feels better soon! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  28. Red & Rover (GA)

Do you have any drugs in the arsenal for nausea?

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  29. Beth 73

Kel, I use SEB , aloe juice/water and homeopathic remedy Nux vomica and Phosphorus... if these don't get results by tomorrow I'll call vet....what would you recommend?

30. Red & Rover (GA)

I've have not had to use anti-nausea drugs for years and do not want to quote something that I have not had experience with. I'm sure others will respond. Who can refuse Elmo? and your gorgeous self, of course.

Beth 73 likes this.
  31. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Please get better Elmo, I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Tons of healing vines for your boy, Beth.

Beth 73 likes this.
  32. Beth 73

Thank you , Jan :bighug: I don't normally use drugs for nausea but may have to call vet tomorrow . He has slowly improved but not yet his old self . A good nights rest will do us both good... this has been a long ole day :cat:

33. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I sure hope you both rest well - it mad me sad to hear Elmo is under the weather. Kisses on Elmo and sweet dreams to you.

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Beth 73 I'm hoping Elmo feels better in the am. Hopefully it's just a one day thing with his tummy. I give Tyler's brother Perry Cerenia because he has kidney disease and many months ago he was nauseas and throwing up all day after eating.
    My vet said this happens a lot with kitty's who have kidney disease
    Since being on it he hasn't thrown up since. Hoping Elmo doesn't have to take any more meds than he already does

Beth 73 likes this.
  35. Beth 73

:bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️

36. Beth 73

Thanks, Diane ❤️ I believe that's what I've read others use too. Hoping that a SQ and a good nights rest will set him on road to recovery :bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  37. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry for the late reply. Race weekend in Victoria for me, just got home.

Your SS doesn’t say what you shot tonight, but you could have gone full dose with him riding so high and just after a fur shot last night. He might also be feeling crumby cause he isn’t used to high numbers lately. Even kitties undergoing anesthesia who cannot eat, get half dose typically per vet.

When a kitty is feeling off, I agree steering isn’t front of mind. And their numbers will usually be higher anyway. Sugar water is also an alternate for carbs.