10/21 Charlie AMPS 133, +2 78, +3 80, PMPS 166 (45 min late), +2 88, +3 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julie & Charlie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Julie & Charlie

Julie & Charlie Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How is Charlie's appetite, handling of food going today?d Keeping things down, feeling better today?

3. Julie & Charlie

Julie & Charlie Member

Sorry I didn't think to include that information. He is doing much better with eating starting with dinner last night. He ate a whole can (3 oz) of FF last night when it had been a struggle getting him to eat earlier in the day. I was actually almost worried about the possibility of hypo because he seemed so hungry, but of course being in the 80's then up to 99 he wasn't. He had a lot of food on board at that time.

I need to get a scale because I feel he has lost some weight in the last couple of days.

I do need to seek some guidance on dosing if I should continue with current dosing or make an adjustment. However, when I finally tested how much insulin is in the syringe based on what I have been shooting, he's only been getting about a drop. I don't know how many drops would typically be in .1 so maybe it's not been off that much.

His post-shot numbers are generally green so maybe this is where we need to stay for now? Do I need to do a couple of +10 & +11 to see when he goes above 100? I don't know if that has any impact on dose level.

4. Wendy&Neko

Good to hear he's feeling better today.

What is your feeding schedule for Charlie? I'd really like to get him more green at the preshots if possible. Sometimes when cats are down on these tiny doses, a small meal (2-3 tsp) at +8 or +9 can help kickstart the sputtering pancreas and bring down the preshot value. Is the small late meal something you can try for a while? If you have an autofeeder, you can set it for the night time feed.

Sometimes people have 2-3 drops in a 0.1 (depends on the syringe) and going to a drop is a reduction.

5. Julie & Charlie

Julie & Charlie Member

Sorry for the slow reply. I got called into work and was late getting home which is clear with his PM number!

I'm not as exact about meal and snack time as I know some are but I try to make sure he eats something between +9-10 during the day because I take the food away at +10 for 2 hours before the PS test. I can try moving the timing up a bit to see if that makes a difference. I leave food out at night and have the feeder move to an empty spot at +10 as well. Sometimes he eats most/all and sometimes none of it but the timing could be anytime between +4 to +10. I can set the timer so food pops up between +8-10 to see if I can narrow that down to see if that makes a difference. Thank you for the advice.

6. Wendy&Neko

Good luck with the food trial.

7. Julie & Charlie

Julie & Charlie Member

Thanks. Resetting the timed feeder tonight. Fingers & paws crossed!