10/23 Butters AMPS 310/+4 322/+8 302/PMPS 292

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday overnight was in fact a gentle blue surf.:cool: Butters was on beach patrol. So happy to see those numbers!
    This morning: look at that bounce:confused:. It took a mere two weeks for her to seemingly no longer be used to lower numbers and to start bouncing.

That aside, she continues to improve. She is starting to get on and off the couch on her own without my help, occasionally. Her eyes are starting to look brighter and she is a bit perkier. She is continuing to eat well, too. I am still holding her meds steady.
    Today is day seven since she was discharged from the hospital. When I look back on how she was seven days ago versus today, I can see a bigger improvement in her than comparing progress each day.:)

Have a good day, everyone.

2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

:)Fantastic news :bighug:! Butters is on the move!!
    I love when their eyes brighten—-such a welcomed sight :).

Maybe not a bounce. Maybe her system is simply having moments of functioning well again followed by a “rest”. Hopefully, just like Butters, you see more and more periods of that “functioning well”/improvement in the days ahead :bighug:!!
    Ts little body sputters along when he starts to feel better :)....not a nice smooth ride but rather like a car with a faulty stick shift....LOL. All systems not quite up to task 24/7 :p.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I like this report. Butters was pretty sick. She’s come a long way in a week! :bighug: Tge depot needs to build.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

great progress in a week! :bighug:

5. rawia

rawia Member

So happy that she is doing better, it is so stressful to see our babies sick :(.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wonderful wonderfull. So glad to get she is gaining strength.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update for Butters. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

All right Butter's!!
    Oh Lyla I'm so happy to read this update.Every day a little better
    I'm so proud of her, she's a tough little girl!
    Beautiful numbers last night.
    Give her a big kiss for me and a big hug for a super momma :bighug::cat:

9. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice surfing Butters...though did you just jump over those lemon trees? Silly kitty. Come back to the healing blue beach.

Way to nurse her back to health, Lyla :bighug: You must be exhausted and are doing so great with her :bighug:

10. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah Butters :bighug::bighug: Lyla you must be happy to see improvement each day!

11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

That yellow looks blue from here. Meter variance is all.

12. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Way to go, Butters!! Bright eyes and a bit more strength is wonderful news :):bighug:
    Keep up the great work, Butters, day by day.
    Have a wonderful day, Lyla :)

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Way to go Mama Bean and Butters:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cool:

14. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

What great news! I'm so happy to hear she's looking better...and that means she's feeling better and I'll bet you are too!:joyful::joyful:

This is great news...still don't focus too much on those BG's.. It's gonna take her a little time to get everything back to running on all 8 cylinders...easy does it mama...

Need to get out those patience pants?? :p

Hang in there and you guys have a lovely afternoon! You're a wonderful mama bean to her Lyla!!:bighug::bighug:

15. Butters & Lyla

Those hints of brightness I saw last night seem to have disappeared today. She has been irritable, and even swatted me when I tried to pet her. Stayed away from me all day. Still eating well, though. Hopefully she will want to be close to me tonight, again. She has been wanting to be on me or beside me at every opportunity for the past few days, until now.
    I knew this recovery was going to be up and down. Just wish she could speak so I'd know exactly what's going on right now. At least she isn't meatloafing.

16. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear this :(. That can be another sign of pain so if it does not change then it may be a good idea to contact the vet tomorrow.

When T became uncomfortable with pain, besides meatloafing, he would not want to be touched (like Butters, very unlike his snuggly self) and he would literally turn his head away from me since he didn’t feel well enough to physically move away.

I am happy she is still eating. I just don’t want the pain to get ahead of Butters & have to “chase” it back down.

Prayers over to you and Butters for improvement :bighug:.

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Lyla, maybe she's just doesn't want to be pet, and it's a good sign that she isn't
    meatloafing. If if only they could speak right.
    Maybe she's just having an off day.
    Hopefully she'll come by you tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

:bighug: Sorry Butters isn't a happy girl today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Maybe she's just tired of not feeling well. Hope her pain isn't returning. :(

19. Butters & Lyla

I also hope tomorrow is better and that maybe today she is having an off day.

Butters doesn't have a pain face, so that's good. But she didn't like when I brushed my hand on the side of her belly. I wonder what that was about. She is hanging with me now and is fast asleep. Poor T. :( He is so lucky you are quick to recognize his signs.
    I hope her pain isn't returning but it is hard to know and I don't want it to get ahead of her, either. I think I might increase her gabapentin tomorrow morning if she seems to be going backward or stalling. She has only been getting half of what the IM said I could give her, so I can up it and see if it helps.

20. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

21. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I hope today is better:bighug:. I was actually happy to see that there was an ability to increase the pain medication. I thought you were at the max and that is why I mentioned the vet. It is definitely a live and learn experience but it is also a lack of info being shared about recognizing pain in cats and best practices for managing it :(.

Hoping today goes better even if it takes a little more pain med:bighug:

22. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Thinking of your and Butters today. It is understandable that she's up and down. I'm sure that she will continue to improve, however. Take care