10/25 Butters AMPS 117/+1 104/+2 50/+2.5 70/+4 67/+5.5 67/+8 68/+10 104/PMPS 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Today a beachy blue start! How exciting to not see pink. :) Also, cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles last night and this morning. This makes it difficult for me to get anything done. But I'm not complaining. She has no interest in playing still. She managed to have a successful jump onto my bed this morning! She hadn't even attempted to jump up there in a week. So this is progress. :joyful:

@Diane Tyler's Mom @Tomlin I'm slow to post these days. I try to get all her morning meds done first. Thanks for checking up on her SS. I do hope the blue is a sign that inflammation is subsiding.

She normally takes a few cycles on a new dose before her numbers go down, so the 117 probably wasn't due to the increase last night. I hope she stays in good numbers this time.

Have a good day, all.

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

But did you make her repeat her feat :p?

Lovely to see that beach start...surf safely, Butters. The sharks aren't worth visiting :bighug:

Have a great day, Lyla :bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I give you credit for posting at all :bighug:! You have had your hands full!!

Enjoy those cuddles!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear she is feeling better and being so loving. Nice start today. I hope Butters surfs safely.

5. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Yay, Butters! Awesome start!
    I hope she surfs nicely for you today! :cool::cat:

6. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Way to go, Butters!! Great start today! :cool::cool:

Sounds like she's feeling better to jump up on the bed. So happy things are improving for her.

Stay safe, Butters, and have a wonderful Sunday, Lyla :)

7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

What a great report! Yayyyy beach start :cool:

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice start. Baby steps are great!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Oh dear, that +2 is rather dramatic. :eek::D Butters is back in business. Hope her appy is still in fine form.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I did not see the ss! No,o get baby steps when it comes to her bg. :D

11. Wendy&Neko

Nice save Lyla. :D I hope she surfs there for you. It's a bounce breaking cycle so that 50's not unexpected.

FWIW, for doses with nadirs under 200, you can hold the dose for 6-10 cycles. For low blue (and she did get to 104 on 1 unit), I might have held a bit longer. Maybe she'll tell you soon that she doesn't need long with the extra boost of insulin.

12. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Butters! I’m so happy to see she’s feeling better! Enjoy your day Lyla

13. Butters & Lyla

I knew when I decided to shoot that this could possibly happen. :D
    It's true she got to low a blue five cycles ago. I thought about holding for up to 10 cycles vs taking the increase after 6. But looking back on her SS to when she was in pinks and yellows and still managed to nadir under 200, holding a dose for more than six only kept her in higher numbers for longer. I know it's not quite the same because I have the inflammation and its impact on her BG to think about.

I gave her 1 tsp of 13% MC when she hit 50. I'm ready and waiting for her to tell me she is done with the extra boost of insulin, though.

JOJI and Kit and Tomlin like this.
  14. Butters & Lyla

Her appy is excellent these days. She is eagerly hoping for more snacks.

LOL. I know I said I'd do that, but I didn't. :) After not having seen a jump like that in a week, I didn't wanna push my luck.

15. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Butters jumped onto that bed to tell you she was about to jump into that lagoon LOL :D

“I feel great mom, watch this!” ;)

16. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Butters is back to the lagoon :D Be good Butters!

17. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my Lord ,just looked at Butter's SS, holy cow, I'm so happy for you and Butter's.
    You will just have to sit there Lyla and take all those cuddles , no chores for
    you Butter's says . This is the best news ever. She is a real fighter.
    Have a good day, will check back later.:bighug::bighug::cat:

Butters & Lyla and JOJI and Kit like this.
  19. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

and butters is baaaaaaaaacckkk

20. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

21. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Looks like after a little deviation (nerve wracking as it was)...Butters appears to be back on track! How wonderful!

She's feeling better and eating good! Look at those beautiful numbers today!

Great job Lyla!! Great job. :cat::cat::cat:

22. Butters & Lyla

Butters has been having a red letter day thus far: belly continues to feel nice and soft, she has been sneaking into my lap at every opportunity, eating well and sleeping very soundly for most of the day. A little bit more preening than previous days. There is a little hint of brightness in her eyes once again. Hopefully she continues down this path.

I'm putting it out there that I am giving consideration to shaving down her dose to 1.125u and holding it there. If I do, this would go against TR since she didn't earn it. I know Lantus likes consistent doses. But she hit 50 @+2 today and it is unlikely that it was influenced by the increase last night. She normally takes 3 - 5 cycles to respond to an increase, looking back on her SS.

I wish I had a crystal ball. Was the last bounce/rise in BGs caused by an uptick in the inflammation? Will she bounce from these greens? Will the inflammation return? Why won't she send me a sign so I'll know what to do. :)

23. Butters & Lyla

I asked for a sign and Butters is answering!? :confused: 104 @+10...looks like we could be bouncing, in which case I'm likely sticking with 1.25u.

24. Wendy&Neko

Just depends if you want any buffer while she recovers. Last bounce was probably caused by the low blues on the 22nd. It took Neko all of 5 days without greens before she'd regress and start her bouncy routine again. :rolleyes: It's been two weeks for Butters.

25. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

That 139 it made an easier decision for you :)!
    Hope all goes well and you get more snuggle time in tonight :bighug:

26. Butters & Lyla

The 139 made the decision easy for tonight. :) It gave me time to think.

I wasn't sure what to expect when she ended up out of greens, but I did (naïvely) think (okay, hope) that she wouldn't start up the bouncing again. :rolleyes:
    I have decided that I need to prioritize rest/sleep/cuddles for her over low TR greens right now. I am going to switch to 1.125u in the morning and hold for minimum six cycles, unless her numbers say to do otherwise. Hopefully that provides a bit of a buffer.

Looks like I'm going to get more snuggles tonight! Yay!:bighug:

27. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Enjoy the cuddles:bighug:. Statistically and scientifically speaking you can have that buffer and be working on your goal so remember that :cool:!

28. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I hope you an Butters have a peaceful night.
    More cuddles, she's such a precious kitty.♥

29. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

I hope you both get some well deserved rest tonight! I'm so happy to see this amazing improvement :bighug:

30. rawia

rawia Member

Happy to see butter doing well:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers! Glad she is feeling so much better

32. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Yay Butter! This looks like she's really heading in the right direction from a few days ago when the thought of a low of 50 would have been next to impossible to imagine! Nice catch, btw. I'm glad she seems to be feeling a lot better. Take care!