10/28 Callie AMPS 392, +4 142, +9 72, +10 86; PMPS 119, +2 294

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica A, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Previous: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-132-1-82-2-96-3-25-83.254641/#post-2868986

A little scared to jinx it but Callie seems to like this dose! :cool::D

She's surfing now but she was still trending down some without food (between +7 and +9.) Callie does sometimes nadir at /after PS when clearing a bounce.

I just gave her a small LC snack and I plan to get a +10 to see if she's coming up.

If she is not coming up, would you suggest that I give her a small amount of MC to nudge her up before I pull food for the two hours before PMPS? I want to be sure that she stays in safe numbers without food during those two hours. Thanks!

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You may get various opinions on this, but I wouldn't give MC prior to the 2-hour food withholding window. It's difficult to discern what is really going on here if you start to prop with increased carbs prior to that particular time of day.

She may be trying to let you know that it's time for a decrease and you won't know that until you let her ride it out. It looks like she typically nadirs around 5-6 hours from injection time, but that's subjective, I for one have never really been able to pin down my Luci's nadir but she typically tends to rise at the end of duration - but as they say, ECID (every cat is different) and every once in a while she loves to throw down the lowest number of the day just at pre-shot time.

Callie does appear to do her best work at night - a lot of cats just love to surf on the lagoon late at night - so if you happen to have the privilege of shooting a lower number tonight based on your dosing method, you'll want to keep a close eye on her to see if she'll go surfing again tonight - then you'll want to have that MC food ready to help her surf.

Jessica A likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

One thing I did forget to mention - if there's still time before the two-hour window, is to give her some LC food - let's see if that'll hold her until dinner time and that pre-shot number :)

Jessica A likes this.
  4. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Makes sense, thanks Sue. I'll get a +10 in a minute and then a +11 if she's still going down in case she is trying to tell me that she's wanting a decrease (that would be our first!!) And I will definitely keep an eye on her tonight! Callie does like her pajama parties...

ps Luci is adorable!! I love tuxies :cat:

5. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

+10 is 86 so looks like she's rising slowly. I will give her a small LC snack now and then pull food for the two hours before PMPS. Thanks again!

tiffmaxee and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Perfect! Please post again later if you need help at pre-shot time. It looks like an active cycle this evening, so Callie may decide that she's looking for a reduction. I'll be long gone by that time (I retire early in the evenings as I'm up at 5 a.m.)...

Nice rise there - best of luck with the pre-shot this evening :)

Jessica A likes this.
  7. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Looks like Callie's bouncing tonight but we'll get a before-bed test in just to be sure.

Wild ride today from 392 to 72! Hope this bounce doesn't take her that far up again tonight. I can't imagine that these huge swings are very comfortable for her :(

Sue and Luci likes this.