10/30 Bama Kitty AMPS 343 +3 360 +6 319 +9 366; PMPS 319 +3 253 +6 319

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Oct 30, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: 10/29 Bama Kitty AMPS 296 +2.25 236 +4.5 224; PMPS 231 +2.25 184 +3.5 202 +5.5 267

Bama ate well, had small poop overnight, but has popped back into pink to start the day. This is Curve Day--18 hours--during cycles 13 & 14 of current dose--6.5u.

Analyzing this current set of 14 cycles: 3 active [extended sessions in blue--cycles 3,4 & 8]; a little time in the pink but no huge bounces; may have touched red in cycle 6 but was not testing past PM+2 when he was 389. Lots of low, medium and high yellows. Rookie mistake in cycle 12 to feed MC at PM+2.25 when he was @184, resulting in rise back into yellow. Should have waited to see if he dropped lower @ PM+4 & +6.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for poop. Good luck with the curve.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning, Gina.

I hope Bama comes down today on your curve. I'm so glad to hear he is eating well and pooping. That is half the battle.

Looks like Alabama has an open date. I didn't see them on the schedule today.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  5. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Yes, Alabama is off. My sister and BIL are here and we, or I should say they, have some chores and maintenance items to help us with. My BIL is very handy. Hope you have a good day.

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what is a BIL?

7. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Brother-in-law

8. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Based on data collected thus far, it appears another 0.5u increase to 7u is needed starting tomorrow morning. The yellow dominated cycles indicate progress but we want to see more blue and some green. Maybe less food intervention if numbers are above 150 or stick with LC. MC only if cycle is dropping faster than 30 points per hour and only in first 3 or 4 hours of cycle? Any thoughts? @Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gina --

Have you given any thought to using TR rather than SLGS? You test enough and you may be better able to get your kitty's numbers looking a bit better with a more aggressive approach.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bama Kitty eats dry food - TR is not an option.

I think you could try a 0.5 unit increase, I'd like to see more blue, less pink. I also agree, try less food intervention unless he's really dropping fast, maybe 50 points per hour or more. And no more MC if he's stopped dropping. This is by nature an experiment. You have to see what works for Bama Kitty for feedings.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a pretty good handle on things. Hope the increase and modified food interventions work well for him!

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.