10/30. Elmo AMPS 56..,+2 51,+2.5 42 +2 . 75 47+3 69,+3.75 99 +4. 75 87 +5.75 98 PMPS 138 +3 253

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning all❤️ Elmo is eating 2 LC right now ....any advice on shot would be awesome ...sending hugs and prayers to all in need ❤️

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. Beth 73

3. Beth 73

Eating 10 LC ....will test in 30 ....shot time in 45 minutes

4. Beth 73

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you normally feed at this time?

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Ummmmm..... Elmo? Is that you? o_O

I assume you re-tested that 56 when you got it? In any case the 30min test will tell the tale....

Beth 73 likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

@Nan & Amber (GA) I'm at work and can't stay on very long. Will you be here for a while? I'm wondering how the eating will influence AMPS.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Yes sometimes....a little early but only by 15 minutes

9. Beth 73

Nan :woot::woot::woot:!!!! Can you believe him ? Wait....yes you can !!! You know him !!! Fed 10 LC and testing in few minutes ...

10. carfurby (GA)

If that's what you normally do, his AMPS should be his real number and not food influenced. I'm thinking if he is over 60 and you can monitor all day you can shoot. As I mentioned, I can't stay on very long. What do you think Nan?

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Beth 73

Thank you , thank you Carla ❤️ Happy “Thursday” to you ❤️

12. Nan & Amber (GA)

I'm on for an hour, but then I will have to be away from the computer for a while.

Yes, I'm banking on the fact that Elmo usually doesn't react strongly to carbs/food, but we'll have to factor that in. Crossing fingers that he's clearly rising, in which case I think shooting would be OK (I know you'll be monitoring him, Beth!), but we'll see!

13. Beth 73

Letting him watch garbage truck ....those dudes sure have potty mouths this early in AM :woot:

14. Beth 73

65....still 15 minutes until shot time....still hungry .....give the 10 LC or back to normal 2 LC ???? Just gave little bit more 10 LC.....know that is actually Low MC But is only one he will eat

15. carfurby (GA)

Technically if you are stalling you should not feed. That influences the number. That's why I asked if you fed at that time normally. Can you hold off for 15 more min. and test again?

Beth 73 likes this.
  16. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Do you think he might just want 1 unit? Or are you taking a reduction on that 56 anyway?
    Hi Elmo!

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. Beth 73

Well, poo, Carla.....I’ll pull food now ....he was sharking the kitchen , starving and when I saw the 56 I panicked and fed.....he can dive so fast ....testing in ab 20 more minutes

18. Nan & Amber (GA)

Hmmm.... We're a bit outside the rulebook with the feeding, yes. I agree with Carla, I'd like to see one more test to really solidify that he's not planning to start dropping. Either in 15 or maybe even wait 30 (that would put you 15mins late for your shot, but that's not a problem, you have that much wiggle room).

Beth 73 likes this.
  19. Beth 73

Hey Jan ❤️ It’s cold rainy and dark but Elmo sure knows how to wake me up :woot:

20. Nan & Amber (GA)

Right, the usual procedure on a low pre-shot is to stall without feeding. That said, this behavior? Wondering if he spent some time in even lower numbers.... In a way, that'd be good, because it would mean he's definitely on the way up, which would allow you to shoot now. I'm glad you fed him if he was so hungry, even if it makes it a little harder to figure out the puzzle that is Elmo this morning ;).

Beth 73 likes this.
  21. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

It was a huge shock when I saw that number - but those HIs on the SS were crazy too. I am behind on you two lovelies!
    It's all rainy and dark here too . . . but the time change will help the mornings, but such early evenings . . .

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. Beth 73

Nan....I tested at 6:45 initially ( he ate)....then 30 minutes after that ( 7:15).ate a little more .....pulled food.....test again at 7:45(15 minutes late for shot )....need to write stalling notes on card and tape to cabinet so don’t panic in future :woot:

23. carfurby (GA)

I hope he comes up for you so you can shoot. I have to log off. I'll try to check in later.

Beth 73 likes this.
  24. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Carla:bighug:

25. Beth 73

72.....this is after eating 10 LC / MC earlier ......now what , Nan ?...test in 30 again, no food ....will be 45 minutes past shot time ?

26. Beth 73

Thinking a 1.0 Just this AM ?....or .75 ?????

27. Nan & Amber (GA)

He hasn't technically earned a reduction from the 1.25 on TR, and it sure looks like it is giving him good numbers, so you can shoot that, I think he's going up. You hold the syringe, however!

Gill & George and Beth 73 like this.
  28. Beth 73

Going to test in few minutes ( 15 minutes since last test) and see where we are.....depending on that I’m comfy with a 1.0 or skinny 1.25.....don’t know I have the courage to do full 1.25.....either way will shoot in few minutes at 30 minutes past shot time

29. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Whoa! Look at Elmo go! What a character! Always keeping you on your toes.

I think you could shoot 1.25u but as Nan said, you hold the needle. Lantus is better at holding numbers than pulling them down but we all know how Elmo like to dive. I think your decision should be based on your ability to monitor today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  30. Beth 73

73 ...... yes , I can test...yes, have a bunch of strips .....but with his propensity to dive I am hesitant to give the full 1.25 ....going to skinny it down just this AM .....this cat :woot:

31. Beth 73

Thanks, Linda ❤️ You and Nan KNOW him and you both are saying I could go ahead with the 1.25 ??? I can monitor alll day long .....correct that when numbers lower that they go down less ???

32. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Beth - it has been true with us - shooting green doesn't dive as much as shooting a higher blue. The shoot low to stay low really has worked for us - Elmo?!!

Beth 73 likes this.
  33. MrWorfMen's Mom

Right. You also have to consider that this dose won't click in for few hours and he will likely bounce from that green so hopefully what you shoot now will hold rather than drop his numbers.

34. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

What are you doing Elmo ? It's garbage day! If you are tested and retested you'll miss all the fun:bighug:.

35. MrWorfMen's Mom

Beth, your AMPS box should be dark green not lime. Your conditional formatting is still set up for the pet meter rather than the human one. You can either fix those situations manually or we can fix the formatting for you. If you want to fix it permanently, let me know and I'll fix it for you. :)

36. Beth 73

Ok, y’all ..... just gave full 1.25 , 30 minutes late ....going forward today, how often do I test and what do I feed ? Mercy, what a way to start garbage day:woot: It is exciting but to go to bed at 250 ish last night and wake up to this :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

37. Beth 73

Oh, yes, Auntie Linda , I’d so appreciate the fix....saw that earlier ....thank you, thank you ❤️

38. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Beth the early part of the cycle will play out just as if you had shot the 1.25u even if you skinnied the dose, because of the depot.
    So get a +1 after the shot and take it from there.
    What to feed him depends on where he is at at +1

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  39. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Now, that wasn't really a lime this morning! Congrats on shooting - Elmo, please prove shooting low is smart, not scary!!!

Beth 73 likes this.
  40. Gill & George

He needs to drop below 50 on TR since Beth is now using a human meter, the lime green on the SS is confusing though.

Beth do you know how to manually colour that dark green? Could you change it when you get a chance. thx

41. Beth 73

Hey Gill....glad your eyes are better ❤️

Gill & George likes this.
  42. Beth 73

Yes, it’s being fixed....DS thot he had fixed the formatting but obviously he hadn’t ....won’t tell him that tho ;)

43. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Give Tina extra Scritches from me, Jan :cat:

44. Gill & George

thx.

I see Elmo has been keeping you busy. How's he feeling now? How's he been eating? those highs were nasty, I saw that you had lots of help so I was lurking on the condo

Beth 73 and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  45. Nan & Amber (GA)

Maybe he fixed all the large blocks in the middle and just missed that one column on the left?

I have to duck out now, but will check in later. Great job shooting, Beth! Can't wait to see what Elmo has in store today :woot:!

Beth 73 likes this.
  46. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug: Nan :bighug::bighug:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. Thanks, Auntie Nan....knowing you have watched what he is capable of these last months on the dive-ability tendencies means the world to me :bighug: I tend to view all thru the lens of those dives......:rolleyes:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  47. Beth 73

Gil, he has been a good eater thru it all...bit lethargic but when we went up to 1.25 it put a snap in his drawers for sure :joyful:

48. Nan & Amber (GA)

You got this, Beth!!!

Beth 73 likes this.
  49. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh my , look at Elmo! I am just seeing this while I am having coffee. I agree with the others to shoot. And as Gill said, the depot is at play for the first 1/2 of the cycle. So, be as diligent as you always are.

Beth 73 likes this.
  50. Beth 73

Thanks, Bobbie :bighug: SS formatting being fixed as well .....have to wonder how low did he go overnight....went to sleep on 250s....you’d think that safe , huh !!?!?!? Crazy cat :woot:

51. Gill & George

I don't trust cats, that's why I organised my shot times so that I could get a +5 (George was usually at nadir by then) although there were times he surprised me.

Bubba was a late nadir cat and poor Bobbie used to set an alarm so she could get a test late in the cycle and then went BTB,

Beth 73 likes this.
  52. Beth 73

+1 79..... feed or leave be ?.. he is sleeping and chill :)

53. Beth 73

Yep, Gill and just when you think you have it all figured out they change :woot:

54. Gill & George

Beth when you get a mo, can you reflect the stall, the fact you fed and what the number was when you actually shot.

I would give him a snack of his regular food, no food bump there, so likely this cycle is going to be active.
    He has not onset yet.
    If you have some LC that's in the 6 to 9% range then I would give that.

55. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Now that's funny!

56. Gill & George

FD cats are known to be even less trustworthy than your average cat, it's listed in the signs and symptoms of the illness:p

57. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad you were able to shoot. I'd feed as you normally do to see if he'll keep surfing on his own and then test at +2.

Beth 73 likes this.
  58. Beth 73

Gave 1 t regular food ( LC 2carb) at +1..... this is as close to the 6-8% carb range in a pate that the stinker will eat :banghead: Anyone know of pates in 6-8% carb range please let me know :bighug:PS just solved it...checked carbs of other kitty and two are 6 carb ....wooo hooo.... just have never needed to use it cos he tends to go straight to needing MC HC .....so, yeah 6 carb civvie food !!!!

59. Beth 73

:bighug:Carla:bighug:

60. Gill & George

Probably best to be proactive with the food, he was high last night and this is a bounce clearing cycle, he may not be done dropping, when they are clearing a bounce and we shoot they can go down fasterand if you let them drop it can be a struggle to get them up. So usually it's better to try and stay ahead of the cycle.

61. Beth 73

Will try the 6c now that I saw I have some ....

62. Gill & George

OK just 1 teaspoon

Good job, check again at +2, we want to see what he does when he onsets, if he doesn't bounce we will probably see him drop (somewhere between +2 and +3).

If he's still flat at +2 stick with his regular 6% LC.
    If he's dropping and is in the 50-60 range then MC, it's early in the cycle and you would want to boost his numbers a bit as the insulin action increases.
    and obviously if he is under 50 then HC.

(I'm glad we are working with a kitty with a good appy)

63. Beth 73

That is a hoot !!!

64. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Why would anyone trust a cat !!!!

65. Beth 73

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:....seriously, Paula ❤️ What's in the bathroom crockpot today ???

66. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

left over stew. Tomorrow will be ziti.

Beth 73 likes this.
  67. Beth 73

68. Beth 73

Just gave 1 t 10 MC .....wants more ,,

69. Beth 73

Just reread this ,Gill......gave 1 t MC 10 ...test at +2.5...

70. Gill & George

Yes test at +2.5
    Sorry I didn't see your response until just now.

I had a feeling he might throw a 51:rolleyes:
    Could you give him a teaspoon of HC now as well please.

Nan & Amber (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  71. Gill & George

It's real early in the cycle and he sailing close to the wind with that 51.

72. Beth 73

Yes !!

73. Nan & Amber (GA)

Elmo!!!!!!!!

He's being such a good boy, though-- last night he let you sleep, saving his antics for daytime!

Beth 73 likes this.
  74. Beth 73

+2.5. 42....just gave another 1 t 20 HC plus drop of honey

Sonia & Leo and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  75. Beth 73

Test in 15 ...if still falling give another t HC 20 plus drop honey ?...

76. Nan & Amber (GA)

OK, what I said about being a good boy? I take it back! Up now, Elmo!!!! :eek:

77. Beth 73

:woot::woot::woot::woot:.....welp, we got us a reduction :woot: And big bonus , it’s light outside ,,,, and not 4AM kinda light !!!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  78. Nan & Amber (GA)

Remind me: is it the HC gravy, the HC food in general, or the honey that gives him stomach gurglings? Or all of the above?

Gill & George and Beth 73 like this.
  79. Beth 73

It was the Karo, Nan....don’t use that anymore ....also use the lighter 20 HC gravy fancy feast ....the 9 lives stuff is heavy for him so use it last

80. Nan & Amber (GA)

OK, good. He may have several feedings ahead of him today, want him to be able to fully enjoy the HC feastings :woot:!

Beth 73 likes this.
  81. Gill & George

Yes. He's earned his reduction. He is early in the cycle, time for the big guns.

Nan can you hang with Beth? I have feedings and dog walkings to tend to.

Beth 73 likes this.
  82. Beth 73

A million thanks to you both ❤️❤️❤️

83. Nan & Amber (GA)

Yes, although I'm at work :rolleyes:, so I'm not always able to be on-the-spot with replies. I don't have any more meetings today, but sometimes the boss comes in to chat for a half hour or so about my projects, never know when...

84. Beth 73

+2.75..... 47....giving 1 1/2 t HC 20 plus drop of honey......test in 15 ????

85. Gill & George

OK I'm not heading off just yet. and once I'm gone I'll be about 1 -1 1/2hrs and I can check back.

86. Gill & George

Yes Rinse and Repeat.

We want to see him come up above 50.

Nan & Amber (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  87. Beth 73

❤️:bighug: Gill :bighug:❤️

88. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Elmo! Good boy puking a jammie day instead of PJ party!

congrats on the reduction! Not bring it up Elmo, nothing to prove now. ;)

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  89. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I'm around for the next bit. I have not conferred with the DH yet today. Let me get a builder's tea cuppa down my throat.

90. Gill & George

A reminder from the How to handle low numbers sticky/ just in case you don't get a response.
    • Depending on how carbohydrate sensitive your cat is, feed approximately a teaspoon or less of gravy from high carb food or high carb food only. (If you have a cat with GI issues, using a couple of drops of syrup plus low carb food is an alternative.)
    • Test again in 15 – 20 min. Depending on the numbers, give more HC food.
    • Repeat the above steps every 15 – 20 min. until your cat tests in the 50 mg/dL (2.8 mmol/L) or above range for 2 consecutive tests. Continue to feed in small amounts to keep numbers in a safe range.
    • Test in 30 - 40 min. and repeat the test and feed process until there are 2 consecutive tests where numbers are stable or rising.
    • Test in an hour and follow the same step
    so keep doing what you are doing until he has two test where his numbers are above 50.

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  91. Gill & George

Da droolers say tanx

92. Beth 73

. ❤️Kel ❤️

93. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Elmo....Look at you! Giving momma a run for her money - and during the daytime. I'm glad to see he's earned a reduce! Beth, hope you have your track shoes on. I guess Elmo was bored with those smooth surfs.

Beth 73 likes this.
  94. Beth 73

+3....69 .....gave 1 t HC gravy only ...no meat ...no honey ....ok ?..

95. Red & Rover (GA)

That's okay.
    With a predictable cat, you would feed LC but Elmo is not predictable and it is still early in the cycle.
    Test again in 20.

Hiya, girlfriend.

AmandaE, Gill & George and Beth 73 like this.
  96. Beth 73

Hit the ground running this AM , Suzanne ....he’s trying to catch his brother LT ❤️ Prayers appreciated ❤️

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  97. Red & Rover (GA)

My fingers have not woken up yet.

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  98. Beth 73

Hey, Kel ❤️ How unusual to be conversing in the daylight hours :bighug:You know him well , thank goodness ❤️

99. Nan & Amber (GA)

If he's still over 50 next test, then you'll want to hold off on more food for a bit and see if he can hold on his own.

Gotta say, it puts a smile on my face to see Elmo in greens (even if he was, characteristically, a bit dramatic about it!). Hated seeing him in those yucky numbers.

100. Red & Rover (GA)

There's not much difference at this end. I work from home in my pj's.

How's Elmo feeling?

Beth 73 likes this.