10/30. Elmo AMPS 56..,+2 51,+2.5 42 +2 . 75 47+3 69,+3.75 99 +4. 75 87 +5.75 98 PMPS 138 +3 253

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Ok you have some eyes on you now Kel has had her cuppa, just in case Nan has to do some work :p

Nan & Amber (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Agree, agree, Nan ❤️ Shocked me fully awake this AM. ,fo sho :woot:

3. Beth 73

Seems fine ....was a little hesitant the last HC gravy...syringed it slowly followed by bit of SEB....

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the beast will not need anymore gravy today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Beth 73

+3.25....94.....test in 30....feed ? If so , what LC. MC, HC ??? Or leave him be ?

6. Beth 73

I love when you call him, “the beast”, Kel :bighug::) That’s two tests above 50....test in 30 ....feed now or leave be ???? Maybe bit of LC ???

7. Red & Rover (GA)

I would leave him be and test in 30. Let his stomach settle.
    See if we are seeing the HC at work or the beginning of the inevitable bounce.

Bobbie And Bubba and Beth 73 like this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yikes! Auto correct ! I didn’t mean “puking”. I meant having !

9. Beth 73

Elmo says thanks , Auntie Kel ❤️ Giving little more SEB ....he is not a fan of prolonged rich gravy....and what !?!?! Elmo ? Bounce ?.. surely not ;):rolleyes:

10. Beth 73

:bighug::joyful::joyful::joyful: Bobbie, I knew what you meant ....gave me a much needed chuckle :rolleyes:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Elmo is keeping you on your toes again. At least it is during the day this time. I'm glad he's come up for you. I hope he keeps surfing safely.

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  12. Beth 73

Oh, Carla, thanks for checking on us ....and yes, much prefer doing this during the day than middle of the night even tho it is fun to hang with Bron and be able to tell you , early bird, good morning ❤️

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  13. Beth 73

+3.75......99....feed LC ?....test in 30

14. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

No, still hold off on food, he's doing great on his own. I'd even give him an hour before the next test, give his ears a little break.

15. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my! I turn my back for a bit and Elmo goes hunting sharks! What a guy!

Coast along nicely now Elmo! :cat:

Beth 73 likes this.
  16. Red & Rover (GA)

He's holding and surfing.
    Test in 30 or 60. Your choice.

Elmo does such a great job of keeping you and the forum humans bouncing.

17. Beth 73

Thanks, Auntie Nan ❤️ I am thrilled he has held ....poor Bron went thru it with us in the wee hours where this wasn’t the case ....this is piece of cake during the day ...but y’all dont have to miss sleep either being on duty Guardian Angels of the Gpa Man ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  18. Beth 73

The Beast ....the nerve of him ;) :rolleyes: :bighug:

19. Red & Rover (GA)

Are you saying that Elmo is not all that fond of your backside?

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  20. Beth 73

Thanks, Auntie Linda ❤️ Where would we be without all of you ?... ❤️:bighug:

21. Beth 73

:p :woot: :p :eek: Now I need a cuppa :bighug:

22. Beth 73

+ 4.75....87.... basically holding .... feed a bit of LC to encourage surf ? Test in another hour ? Thots ? Hasn’t eaten since +3 when had 1 t HC gravy ...have SS housekeeping to do

23. MrWorfMen's Mom

Give him a tsp of LC to keep him surfing. Keep coasting Elmo!

24. Beth 73

Thanks, Auntie Linda ❤️ Giving 1t 2 LC or the 6 LC ? 2 LC is his usual....test in one hour then ?

25. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'd stick with 2% for now. Save the even slightly higher carbs for when needed.

Nan & Amber (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  26. Beth 73

Got it :cat: Sleeping off the HC like a drunk in a stupor :woot:

27. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I think you would be ok to wait an hour till the next test, and make sure he's surfing nicely.

28. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Wow Beth! Elmo is at it again!!

Elmo, smarten up!! No more diving!!! Like everyone is saying, at least it’s day time!! Get your surf on Elmo! No more shark teasing!!!

29. Beth 73

Thanks , Amanda .... been a wild morning but , as you said, at least it's day time !!!! Scritches to Melly Moo :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  30. Nan & Amber (GA)

Hey Beth, when you get a chance, can you add the recent tests to the subject line (you might have to compact/remove some of the others to make room)? That way, people scanning the board can see the current state of affairs at a glance.

Elmo is looking good! He deserves his snooze time today!

Beth 73 likes this.
  31. Beth 73

Thanks for reminder, Nan ❤️ I need a nap too :woot:

32. Red & Rover (GA)

Has Elmo come up enough for you to have a cosy nap?

Beth 73 likes this.
  33. Beth 73

+5.75...98..... feed a little LC or leave be ??? Is up from his nap and bumbling around ...wants window open ....it’s cold out so that little excursion won’t last long :eek:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  34. Beth 73

Ha ! Kel ,you read my mind ❤️ A nap was the next thing on my to-do list on this overcast day .....after this AM if feels like it should be night time :woot:

35. Red & Rover (GA)

Feed a little LC to a) encourage the surf, b) to allow yourself a nap, and c) and d).

I'm off. Need to focus on the manuscript in front of my eyes and also want to drive around trying to find a pharmacy that has flu shots on hand.

Beth 73 likes this.
  36. Beth 73

37. MrWorfMen's Mom

What lovely surf! Yeah!

Beth 73 likes this.
  38. Beth 73

And FYI, working on updating SS ....it oughta be a humdinger .:woot:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  39. Beth 73

Yes, your nephew is casually napping on the floor, in front of the heat vent located right beneath where the sink is located .....DH looks at him and shakes his head as he attempts to do dishes ....this from the man who 40 years ago told me there would never be animals in the house ....:bighug::)..... I don’t ever remind him of that ;) Gonna give a bit of a pokey break for a few hours ...good idea ? When do I need to get next BG check ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  40. carfurby (GA)

I think you can wait at least another hour to test or maybe even stretch it to an hour and a half. Good job today.

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  41. Beth 73

Thank you, Carla ❤️ That’s what I was thinking . He just gave me stink eye from his window perch cos it’s cold out and we’re only opening window a few inches ....how dare we :woot:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  42. Beth 73

Take good care of yourself,Auntie Kel ❤️ Those flu shots scare the bejiggers out of me ....you are tres brave :bighug:

43. Beth 73

Another FYI. Internet a bit wonky due to winter weather moving in ...will get SS updated ASAP and as soon as SNOW flurries will allow !!! Yippee and yahooo !!!

44. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Beth, we need to call this The Elmo Show lol this boy sure does keep you busy
    You do a fantastic job with him. I just get pooped reading all this.

Beth 73 likes this.
  45. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Wow Beth! What a day. You did a fantastic job. Congrats on the reducie :bighug:

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  46. Beth 73

Thanks, Lizzie ❤️ Thinking ab you and Frankie ...praying for he and you :bighug:❤️ And rooting for the Astros tonight !!!

47. Beth 73

Thanks, Diane :bighug: Absolutely do not know what I would have done without the Sisterhood of the FDMB ... no words can say enough ❤️

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  48. Beth 73

+ 10.....93 I know there's 2 more hours to go y'all but could we discuss a possible plan for tonight ??? I know what if's are kinda a waste but a 93 ain't a gonna cut it .... :woot:

49. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Beth, you crack me up! Look how well he surfed today and he's higher now than when you shot so what's your question? :p

We all know Elmo holds his cards close to his chest so any plans you make now may go up in smoke anyway. Keep your patience pants on....he may change the game totally before shot time. :D

Beth 73 likes this.
  50. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm the nasty housekeeper... Please update Elmo's SS. (There are people like me that actually open everyone's SS.)

I agree with Linda. Kitties make hash out of our plans. I would urge you to give some thought to what the lowest number is you're comfortable shooting. You did great and shot a 72 this AM.

Remember, with TR, Elmo doesn't get a dose reduction. He was diagnosed in 2016. He has to either drop below 40 or have 3 separate cycles where he drops below 50 or a week in normal numbers.

51. Beth 73

I'm confused ... altho diagnosed in 2016 he was on vetsulin then 2 years remission now on lantus for first time ...

52. Beth 73

That was daytime .... this is PM cycle ...

53. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It's not a matter of how long a cat is on Lantus. It's a matter of years since diagnosis.

54. Beth 73

First time hearing this ... he has had 3 reductions without any mention of this Sept 18 ...September 22...October 6 ...

55. Beth 73

Sienne , I do see that now in guidelines but since his age and having reduced 3 prior times ( where he went below 50) without anyone pointing this out I'm hoping to reduce this time as we did prior in dates mentioned above ( where he went below50 each time as described in guidelines) ... none of those times was this brought to my attention ...he is too old and fragile to put thru anything but the most gentle of handling ... he is my priority ... I know you understand and would agree...I'm really needing flexibility for the sake of Elmo's safety....

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  56. MrWorfMen's Mom

I know and I appreciate your angst about knowing what to do with Elmo given his propensity for surprises. Today he surfed quite a while without needing a lot of steering though so if he's come up a bit more by PMPS, he might do likewise on the night cycle or he may bounce from the lower BG. You have to decide what you are comfortable doing. We all know it's been a hard week for you so whatever you decide is fine. You are there with Elmo and knowing both your tolerances is important.

57. Beth 73

Thank you, Linda ....he is being extremely lethargic right now ...getting ready for PMPS and will post .... and it has been a hard week ... losing second kitty in just 5 weeks has taken a toll .... just want to give Elmo a gentle evening

58. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

@Diane Tyler's Mom I love that “The Elmo Show”!! :joyful: He was a very busy kitty today, eating and getting tested, poor him, he probably didn’t even get to watch the potty mouth garbage guys!

I really wish there was a LOL! button next to the like and reply, I would have clicked on it a hundred times! You ladies are so hilarious!!! :joyful:

Beth, great job on shooting that green amps! I hope Elmo reads the sticky about shooting low to stay low, there's nothing there about deep sea diving into shark territory!

59. Beth 73

PMPS. 138.....being lethargic .... not sure if I should shoot reduced dose and what that dose should be ....any thoughts ???

60. MrWorfMen's Mom

He seems to be heading up at this point in time. You shot 1.25u yesterday at the same pre-shot and he had a nice blue cycle (I know.....like that means anything with Elmo:rolleyes:) so if you are comfortable doing the 1u, I think that would be fine and keep him from taking off to the moon.

61. Beth 73

Thinking of shooting 1 but am concerned ab having to give the HC gravy twice in one day.... he can tend to upset tummy when given HC gravy ....don’t want that ...needing some guidance here...been a long day. @carfurby @MrWorfMen's Mom @Nan & Amber (GA)@Bobbie And Bubba

62. Beth 73

That’s what my gut is saying .... really praying he doesn’t need any gravy....he has thrown up not long ago on an all nighter with Bron holding my hand the whole way....and he’s already gone thru one round of gravy today ....ugh, this Gpa Man of mine

63. MrWorfMen's Mom

Have you fed him yet? If not don't and stall for 30 minutes to see if he's still heading upward.

64. Beth 73

Just gave 1 unit ... he's been eating little bits all along the evening ...think his stomach is not happy about the gravy from today ....going to give some SEB right now

65. Nan & Amber (GA)

No tummy upsets, and no dives, Elmo... a quiet night all around is what you want tonight!

Great job today, Beth!

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  66. Beth 73

Oh, Auntie Nan , I believe and receive your words gladly ❤️ Could not have done today, any day for that matter , without this FDMB family ...mean that with all my heart :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

67. carfurby (GA)

I hope Elmo surfs safely for you tonight and you can get some rest. :bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  68. Beth 73

Thank you, thank you Carla :bighug:❤️ Needing some special Carla prayers for a settled tummy and level numbers ...he is exhausted :bighug:

69. carfurby (GA)

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  70. Diane Tyler's Mom

Beth they poor boy must be exhausted,I just want to hold him. I'm saying prayers that everything goes well tonight for Elmo and you.

71. Beth 73

Thank you, thank you Diane ❤️ Means a lot to know we are in your thoughts and prayers❤️

72. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Elmo!! I see you have been up to your old tricks again today!
    Nice to see you decided to have a daytime 'stay in Jammies day' for a change today!
    You certainly know how to marshal the troops!
    I hope you are planning a quiet night tonight for your Mama.

I'll be around later if needed Beth and will look in and see what Elmo has planned for us all:blackeye:
    :bighug:

73. Beth 73

Thanks, Bron ❤️ You are a peach ❤️

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  74. Beth 73

All clear here...he is feeling much better.... no gravy tonight, thank goodness :bighug:

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  75. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh thank God Beth, so glad, you both need a rest.

76. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Elmo is going to have a bounce on the trampoline tonight!
    Hope you get a good sleep Beth

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  77. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I saw this the other day and immediately thought of you :bighug: Hope you are doing well.

20191006_063245.jpg

:D

78. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I don't disagree at all. You're home with Elmo and know him best. My concern is also for others who are reading along and may copy what you're doing. Would you mind putting something in your signature that reflects custom dosing

79. Beth 73

Thank you, Sienne :bighug: That's exactly what I'll do . We are dealing with keeping an infection at bay with low dose antibiotics which influences so much everything else as well as his advanced age . It's a tight rope for sure. Thank you for your suggestion and hard work as a Moderator :bighug: