10/6 Alice AMPS 96 +2 101 +8 215 PMPS 307 +3 319 +5.5 331, cat sitter evening <3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Oct 6, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-5-alice-no-amps-blue-day-vet.236419/

Her hind legs are weak but we had a nice cuddle the past few hours and she looks alert. Her fur has been feeling so soft for a few days. She sort of stumble/fell getting down from bed and this is a pretty low one. I’ll keep her on her floor blankets for awhile. This evening I have a cat sitter.

A review of past lab work looks like she may have had this infection this whole year pretty much. She was on Clavamox and Veraflox more than once this year. Her kidney values weren’t a wreck until 8/31. But she didn’t show signs of continued infection. Wish I had done cultures more. Wish. Hope there isn’t as much damage as it seems now....

2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Shooting 0.25 at about +13

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Check your date. It's October now.

I always kept asking for cultures with Ollie, they never seemed to do them. They always tell me it's not needed, trying to save you some money. I'm like don't worry about my money.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  4. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Bahahaha yeah that’s about how exhausted I am. I knew something felt wrong. I flipped and looked at the calendar on my phone. Got the day right and I thought I was doing good. :facepalm: :D
    Edit to add: oh my goodness even my notes I keep on my notepad on my phone has 9/6! More sleep please!

And as for cultures, I am learning that now. Looking back, why didn’t the vet when I was out of state just do a culture? It was the first infection. She even did UA by cystocentesis with an US at the time. I got to watch. (I love that stuff and was excited to see the US of my little Alice’s bladder haha.) She looked at the urine and said yep, “raging infection” and gave me Clavamox tabs, the end. It’s not just one vet. It’s all the vets. :facepalm: Well, maybe just a few too many of them.

Thanks. I was feeling a little self-blame for not making all the right decisions with her care along the way and I guess I need to go to back to remembering I can only do my best with what I know and understand. :bighug:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Oh let’s see, also, on today’s menu is:

half a can of Koha beef
    Half a can of ziwi lamb
    1/4 tsp d-mannose
    1 capsule Cosequin
    A lot of water
    Some potassium gel
    And 1/4 tsp pumpkin
    _____
    Blended together for syringing
    Followed w phosphorous binder

Plus meds, meds, meds
    And fluids, fluids, fluids!

:D

6. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She looks like she is having a really beautiful deep sleep right now.

8AA8EF15-6994-45AE-9ECD-C3CF0AC56F69.jpeg

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Quite a menu there. I remember those days well.

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

AWW!! Beautiful little one:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How adorable. I'm glad you got some cuddles. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. AliceMeowliss (GA)

+8 215, she’s had three small feeds today, and soon I can pack up her and her stuff and bring her to the sitter. I know she won’t be as happy to be there but she will have some extra help with her care and will get food and fluids and meds while I get enough rest that I can keep going for her too. I need to write out her schedule and instructions. :)

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Go Alice! 3 feedings. Yay!
    Glad she is going to the cat sitter so you can get some rest.
    It is so easy to look back in hindsight and blame yourself, but don't. You have made the best decisions for Alice based on the information you are given and having her interests at heart. Amazing mama.:bighug:

12. AliceMeowliss (GA)

@Butters & Lyla thqnk you. I have been trying very hard not to guilt myself over all this, knowing I’m learning as I go and it is a rough set of things to learn! And just doing my best. But once in awhile that doubt creeps in.

Just dropped her with the sitter! I have about five hours or so to rest, knowing she will get fluids and food and meds and she is with someone who knows what they are doing and knows how much I love Alice, someone who had their own Alice kind of heart cat before too. <3

wish me deep deep sleep! :cat:

13. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Enjoy the well deserved rest!!!!

14. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sleep well!!!

15. AliceMeowliss (GA)

It took a bit but I got a nap in! She got her 200mL with the sitter. I need to check the meter history but she mentioned Alice was in the 300s. Meds and insulin were all given.
    15mL food with sitter, 15mL since home.

Sonce her sugar is showing higher trends again I think I’ll go back to the 0.5u - it was just safer for a minute there when she was showing such lows and I had reached a fatigue level that was too much for me.

While Alice was gone it gave some of the boys a chance to snuggle me while I slept and they needed that too, since I’m still also exploring a few small issues with one of my gingers and litter box problems. Also someone from a CH kitty group sent us a water foundation for the boys. Little things like this are big things and really warm my heart and give me a little more energy to keep going. :)

gonna go do another feed and get meter history updated into notes.

Alice seems in fairly good spirits for being so sick. I sure miss her super purry self, but she still likes her cuddles. <3

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  16. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Comfy back at home <3
    60AC7404-7F2B-4AF6-8D35-FF004FE892C4.jpeg

17. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Alright looking at her numbers I think it’s time to go back up to the 0.5u.... that reduction to 0.25 was for safety for the time being, but doesn’t mean she earned it when she’s getting more calories again. <3

I noticed she wet herself earlier where she was laying down. Then she moved over a little. She’s still chirpy and she’s going to cuddle me in bed. We only need to get in one more feed to reach a minimum 60mL goal this cycle.

I still haven’t checked in on anyone else and I am so sorry, I appreciate everyone who has checked in on us. One of these days I’ll have more “spoons” and can attend to everyone else too.