? 10/7 Checkers AMPS256, PMPS306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Checkers, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Chris and Checkers

Chris and Checkers Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-25-checkers-274-amps-243-6.253454/#post-2858242

I have a dosing question. I dropped his dose to 1.25u after 27 September because he dropped to 52 based on the SLGS protocol. I did a curve on Tuesday and he is still I the pink and yellow. Should i change his dose? He did have another green on October 3rd.

I was hoping to see more blues at this point unless I am missing it. I do hope to attach another Freestyle Libre so hopefully I can get more data. I am just waiting for som Skin tac adhesive to come in the mail though I have to put it in myself, hopefully it will work.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

That drop to 83 on 10/3 meant another reduction to 1U.

If you are feeding only low carb wet (no dry) and can get at least 1 test per cycle in addition to preshot tests (so atleast 4 tests in a day), you could look at following TR. It is a more aggressive protocol that allows you to hold a dose where the cat spends more time in normal numbers (50-100 mg/dl on human meter).

Checkers is bouncy and it's possible you are missing the lows without mid-cycle tests. If he happens to be bouncing on the day you do the curve (like 10/5), you get a curve with flat high numbers and not an accurate picture of how low he is going on the dose.

3. Chris and Checkers

Chris and Checkers Well-Known Member

Okay, I should have decreased again then, and he is bouncing. I was wondering about that. Thank you.

Bandit's Mom likes this.