10/7 Indie AMPS 122 +3 69 +3.5 103, PMPS 87...do I shoot tonight?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica & furbaby Indie, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Jessica & furbaby Indie Member

I happen to be home today. Tested Indie 3 hours after her 1.25 unit shot. Her BG reading was 69. She isn't showing any signs of being hypo. So gave her a little of her sisters HC food and will test again in 30 mins. Should I lower her to 1 unit starting tonight?

I know SLGS says yes but wanted confirmation. I like getting your opinions. I already emailed vet but value and trust this board as well :)

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Yes, she has earned a reduction to 1u! Congratulations. Glad you're home today...good catch and I would get another test in 3o min or so after the HC was given.

3. Jessica & furbaby Indie

I just did. :) She responds well to HC food. Was 103.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Just wanted to make sure ;)

5. Jessica & furbaby Indie

She was 87 at PMPS. Wow. Never saw her this low at PMPS. Do I skip tonight's shot?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you wait half an hour without feeding and test again to see if she's come up? SLGS suggests not shooting below 90.

Congrats on the reduction today, good catch.

7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

It would be best to stall...wait 20 minutes to 1/2 hour WITHOUT feeding and retest to see if the numbers are coming up. Also with that 69 reading today Indie has earned a 0.25 unit reduction for the next shot,

8. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Thanks for the quick responses! Shoot I already let her eat as I was taking her reading. She ate her own wet food (Purina DM) maybe 1-2oz.

9. Tuxedo Mom

If she has eaten there are 2 choices..either skip the shot or wait 2 hours without any more food and check the reading then. If it is high enough and rising you could shoot late...BUT...this would put your time schedule out by 2 hours, so not sure if this would work. You can change back the time by 15 minutes each shot or 30 minutes once a day to get back to your normal time.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Since you all ready let her eat, you should probably skip tonight or wait 2 hours for her to come back up to a shootbale number but, that will put your schedule off by 2 hours.

11. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Dang it. I messed up.

I would prefer to wait 2 hrs but to add uncertainty to the situation... I already have to skip tomorrow night's shot as I have a wedding to attend and Indie since being on insulin has become aggressive and bites anyone (except me) who really tries to touch her so I can't allow my backup to come and shoot for me :( I was even considering skipping the wedding cause I didn't want to risk throwing her off her schedule. Am so torn!

So then would you still suggest I wait 2 hrs?

Could I shoot tonight at 10pm, then tomorrow AM at 9:30am, skip tomorrow night as planned then go back to 7:30am on Sunday AM?

12. Tuxedo Mom

If that works out for you and you can shoot 2 hours late....if the numbers are high enough, so do a test at 2 hours after the last one and post your numbers if you are unsure. If they are rising and high enough you could shoot 2 hours late, at your 10:00PM time shoot at your 9:30AM time and skip the evening shot tomorrow so you can go to the wedding. Sometimes we just have to change schedules for our own life events.

13. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Sounds good. I will wait then and test at the 2 hr mark. Thanks!

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  14. Tuxedo Mom

Just remember that the new dose, whether you give it tonight or tomorrow morning will be 1.0 unit, because of the reduction Indie earned. :bighug:

15. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Ugh am so slow (or tired). Woke up at my usual shot time of 7:30am and shot 1 unit because she was at 132. BUT was specifically told not to shoot till 9:30am due to my late shot last night at 10pm. So this mornings shot was at +9.5. Ugh!! Is she going to be okay? Do I now need to monitor most of today?

16. Tuxedo Mom

Morning tiredeness makes the brain foggy. :bighug: :bighug:

With shooting "early" because of the late shot last night, could act as a bit of an increase. However since you dropped the dose last night and this morning that will counter some of the early shot effects. I would try to get a +2 and possibly +4 test in, unless you see numbers dropping too fast, then you would want to monitor more closely. Indie's numbers are looking good right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.