10/9 Poopy Amps 194, PMPS 143

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teresa and Poopy, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

10/8 thread

Good morning! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Rhiannon summed it up best, "Poopy just doesn't always pick the predictable path...", after he dropped to a 110 at AMPS yesterday. The little stinker made me late for work yesterday and today (since shot time is a bit off). With the +9, looks like he may be trying it again today. ohmygod_smile Other than that, the little stinker is just fine. cat_pet_icon

Thank you for stopping by yesterday and for you support, Kathie, Donna, Ann (& Maggiepoo), Lisa, Shannan, Alexa, Karen, and Rhiannon. And, once again, a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU to Sienne. :YMHUG:

I've been looking into the mixing food carbs question as there seems to be conflicting thoughts. Some say to mix foods (HC+LC=MC) and some say it doesn't change the carbs (HC+LC=HC+LC). There's an interesting equation about it over on Health I'll explore more this weekend.

Yeppers. Never a dull moment in FD Land. :roll: :lol:

Have a great day in Lantus Land! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 Poopy +9 155

Nice blue this morning. Maybe Poopy will surf for you today instead of jumping back up. Hope you aren't too late for work.

3. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Teresa

I think you can look at the food question this way:

If you take 1 tsp of 10% LC, and you add 1 tsp of something that's 0% carbs (like water, as we do for foodsicles), the food *volume* has changed (2 tsp worth), but the carbs % have not.

Similarly, if you take 1 tsp of 10% LC, and you add 1 tsp of 18% HC gravy,, the food volume is 2 tsp, but the highest carb percentage ingested is still 18% from the HC.

When you add water, you change the volume only.
    When you add HC, you up the carbs level to HC-level, and you up the calories (because you have added food, not water).

The BG response changes the higher the carbs % goes (depending on the type of carbs - wet vs. the dreaded dry, and whatnot).
    Mixing LC with HC combines two types of BG responses: The HC-bump (which you want when cat is in low numbers), and the slow-processed LC for encouraging a surf.

So by adjusting *what* you add, and how much of it, and by knowing your cat and how s/he responds to the variations of those factors, you can learn to food-steer without interfering too much.

Does that help?
    Hugs
    Jane

4. Teresa and Poopy

Thank you, Carla. :smile: I've been moving Poopy's shot time in 15 minute increments so his shot this morning will be (unless he has other plans) at 7:50...which gives me just enough time to barely make it to work on time (I live close to work). Already told my boss I'd be a bit late, and why. Thankfully she's really cool with understanding what it is we do with our kitties. She even let me bring him to work his first day on Lantus (which was a Saturday). Poopy, of course, won over many hearts that day, he is such a personality. :D

Jane, thank you, it does help. I'm still going to be doing some figuring/research this weekend. The opposing views both make sense but they both can't be right. :smile: With my luck, and FD added to the mix, it wouldn't surprise me if there is truth to both views.

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 Poopy +9 155, +10 166

Hi Carla, what an exciting day for you yesterday. Nice numbers today, too! :D That is so cool that you have an understanding boss when you need to be late. That sure takes some of that stress away, and you can focus on Poopy. Well be watching Poopy this morning.
    Maggiepoo says, go Poopy, you're looking so good!

6. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice start for Poopy today! It is so nice you have an understanding boss. That really helps. Good luck with your food question. We mix 3% and 5% and I count it 5%. Have a great day Teresa!

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Teresa :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Very nice start for Poopy today.

Interesting food discussion. Nice thinking material. :D

have a good one today - I hope Poopy will let you get to work on time... :D

8. Teresa and Poopy

Thank you Melissa and Michelle. Yes, I am very lucky to have such an understanding boss. Guess it helps a bit whenever she asks for a hand or volunteer I'm right there with her. :D Then again, she was pretty darn cool before I worked for her. :D

The food question does intrigue me, and since there are opposing view points, I think it beneficial to find the "one truth", so to speak. None of us wants to operate under a myth or misunderstanding when it comes to our kitties. :D

9. Teresa and Poopy

Practicing my BOS. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.