11-06 amps 306 +5 306 +7 306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy450, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It looks like a bounce from going into the low 100's yesterday which can take up to 6 cycles to clear. Good job getting some night tests. Nice to see all that blue!

3. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Thx I like the blues too lol but what exact is a bounce ?

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

What you could be seeing with the higher numbers is something called "bouncing."

Definition of a bounce: Bouncing is simply a natural reaction to what the cat's system perceives as a BG value that is "too low". "Too low" is relative. If a cat is used to BGs in the 200's, 300's, or higher for a long time, then even a BG that drops to 150 can trigger a "bounce". Bouncing can also be triggered if the blood glucose drops too low and/or too fast.The pancreas, then the liver, release glucogon, glycogen and counter-regulatory hormones. The end result is a dumping of "sugar" into the bloodstream to save the cat from going hypoglycemic from a perceived low. The action is often referred to as "liver panic" or "panicky liver". *Usually*, a bounce will clear kitty's system within 3 days (6 cycles).

Basically,
    1. The body thinks the numbers are too low or
    2. The numbers dropped too fast or
    3. A bit of both.

It can take a couple of days to clear a bounce. It could be that your cat was having a bounce on curve days.

If you ever might want to find something, go to where it says search and type in some of the words you are looking for and different posts will come up, skim thru them
    I just typed in a bounce and found this for you :cat:
    @Roxy450

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  5. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Thanks !!!! Pmps was 306 !! Now at +2 she’s all the way down to 108 . !!! I’m soo worried she’ll drop down even lower over next couple hours !! That was a really fast drop !!! I thought the bounce keeps them high for couple cycles … !! Guess I won’t be sleeping much tonight :(

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Once they start getting used to lower numbers they clear bounces faster.

If you spread her food out, she may dive less. Say if you break up her pre-shot meal and feed some at PS, +1 and +2.

7. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Ok good cuz I was sooo worried last night !!! Didn’t sleep much but everything is ok thanks bandits mom xox

Bandit's Mom likes this.