? 11/1 - Johnny - AMPS 122 AT ; 88 Contour - dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Stephanie & Johnny, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Stephanie & Johnny

Stephanie & Johnny Member

Good morning…no longer have the Libre.

Tested for AM shot and got 122 on AT and 88 on Contour. The AT is blue, but the Contour is green in the spreadsheet.

Dosing advice please. :)

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Skip

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'm usually not on mornings, I'd say lowest you should shoot full dose (meaning around 0.1U) would be 135 on AT. Let's see how Contour compares though...id say drop dose on AT 120-134 but that 88 on contour makes me pause.

4. Stephanie & Johnny

See!! It’s so scary! If he really is that low on Contour, it could be a disaster!

Was I supposed to use control solution on the Contour? It did not come with any, but I recall doing it on the AT.

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, lot of human meters don't need it. Check the manual?

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Depending on the cat and the method you follow 88 *could* be safe to shoot, but so far I don't think it is with the way he's reacting to insulin

7. Stephanie & Johnny

Okie dokie, I got some control solution and tested the meter. Looks good. :)

FrostD likes this.
  8. Stephanie & Johnny

Okay…shot time. 149 the 159 on the AT (I had a bunch of extra blood so decided to test twice), and 78 on the Contour.

I was gonna try a .1 teeny dose, but the Contour has me nervous.

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ah sorry I'm late. Retest on each meter?

10. Stephanie & Johnny

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the Contour…it requires way too much blood.

11. Stephanie & Johnny

Just retested - +1.5 hours after what would have been shot time.

Contour - 94
    Alphatrak - 116

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Reason for edit: Wrong sensor name
  12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

A lot of us ReliOn... somewhere out there is a comparison of blood required. I'd skip for now

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

If you don't get quite enough blood they can also read off, could be reason for contour difference as well

14. Stephanie & Johnny

Thanks!

The second reading I had all the blood. I was able to test the AT and Contour on the same poke.

I went with Contour because it was the easiest to get the quickest at that time without having to make a ridiculous drive to find the Relion in stock anywhere.

FrostD likes this.
  15. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Oh did you mean the AT read 116? Earlier post said Libre...but that's dead right?

16. Stephanie & Johnny

Doh! I miss my Libre, if you can’t tell. Lol

I edited to correct.

17. Stephanie & Johnny

Still maintaining no shoot numbers on both meters. <3

18. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

19. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If over 90 on a human meter you shoot. On a hunan meter we want to see 50-100 before starting an otj trial. I’d like to see more tests using a human meter. There is no way to compare that to the AT. The 135 on an AT is a shootable number. Even with the AT you shoot anything over 90. Since you but 88 you would reduce and since you see all blue I would try a drop dose.

Looks like you didn’t shoot. Get a test 3-4 hours after eating. If the pancreas is working it should be lower than the PMBG. You could try a drop dose tomorrow or if hesitant a good trial. If you elect to do a food trial you would get an AMBG and test 3-4 hours later. You would do the same at night.

20. Stephanie & Johnny

Good catch! I definitely did not shoot 8! This would be a whole different update.

21. Stephanie & Johnny

I definitely don’t understand why the human meter results are green and the AT are blue, when they are taken at the same time.

Would the food trial be difficult given that Johnny is a grazer? He isn’t one to eat his entire meal in one sitting.

Yesterday was an inadvertent food trial-ish that I didn’t even realize I was doing…at least that would explain why his BG was lower after eating both AM and PM, I was curious about that. I was in the office today, so I tested before and after work, and wasn’t able to in the middle of the day.

22. Stephanie & Johnny

Is my color coding at the top of my Alphatrak sheet correct? I just saw on another convo that the green goes up to 130 for pet meters? Now I’m confused.

23. Stephanie & Johnny

24. tiffmaxee

It says 68-99 for green.

25. Stephanie & Johnny

Yeah, I just saw on the OTJ trial guidelines that it was 0-130 on a pet meter.

26. tiffmaxee

You want a strong remission. How do you feel about trying a drop dose?

27. Stephanie & Johnny

I’m curious how it would be shown in the spreadsheet given that it’s so late. Should I just hold off until the morning? I’m going to bed soon so won’t be able to monitor.

28. tiffmaxee

Yes. Skip. If it’s at least 2 hours since he ate get a test. If his pancreas RX starting to work it will be lower. 3-4 hours after eating is even better.