11/1 Lily AMPS 221

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sally and Lily GA, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Sally and Lily GA

Sally and Lily GA Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-182-2-135-4-40-4-5-45-5-43-5-5-62.254610/

Lily is through with her antibiotics for her UTI but her numbers are still not going down. I think I will have our vet retest her urine to make sure she is well. Also I think I will reorder a fresh supply of lantus. We are using some that is 5 months old. @tiffmaxee I am thinking also about increasing her insulin in the morning to 1.75. Do you agree?

We have had a rough few days, Lily’s big brother Snickers, who has been sick for awhile had to be put to sleep last week. It was not an easy thing to do but I know it was the right thing.

Stay safe sweet kitties!!:bighug:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about Snickers. :bighug: It is so hard but as yo say the right thing and the last gift of love. I wonder if she was on the correct antibiotic. If you bring her in make sure that they run a culture and sensitivity.

I would definitely increase. If she does still have an infection you don't want her to ketones or go DKA. Are you testing for keystones? Is she eating well? She might be grieving as well.

Your insulin did bring her down to 45 just a week ago so I don't think it is bad.

3. Sally and Lily GA

4. Sally and Lily GA

Thanks Elise. She is eating well, but I haven’t tested for ketones. I don’t think she is grieving because she is kept separate from the others for the most part. I will increase in the morning.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

It’s good she’s not acting sick. Hopefully the infection is gone and she just needs more insulin.

Sally and Lily GA likes this.
  6. Sally and Lily GA

I made an appointment for a vet visit to pull her urine Thursday morning. I didn’t realize I couldn’t collect it myself and take it to them.

7. tiffmaxee

It needs to be sterile when checking for infection. Good luck with the increase.

8. Sally and Lily GA

I just thought of something. They wanted me to crate her overnight without a litter box so she would be full. She usually pees on the way there so not sure if they will be able to extract.

9. tiffmaxee

That doesn’t make sense. She will pee in the car for sure. You might need to leave her there for a few hours until she has urine.

10. Sally and Lily GA

Yes I wasn’t going to crate her. Maybe take her litter box up a couple hours before and hope she doesn’t pee. We’ll see how it goes.

11. tiffmaxee

I once had to leave Max until he produced. Tiffany used to spray me when I tried to catch her. I learned to take my pants off until she was in the crate and then I only had to wash my legs instead of change clothes. Funny memories now but back then I was a basket case.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  12. Sally and Lily GA

Oh my goodness!! I can so picture that! Lol. Of all the cats I have had (a lot!) I have never had one to spray me. Fun times!!!