11/11 Luci AMPS 242 - Vet update.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good morning everyone! As we wake up to another round of rain from TD Eta today - I thought this thing was done with us...but no, it's back...and pouring rain - just in time for me to take Luci to the vet.

Luci would not eat yesterday so I called to vet to see if we could get in sooner than next Tuesday - lucky for us he said he'd work her in today - so I'll be dropping her off this morning first thing and then waiting to see what they have to say. Always worrisome when they need to go to the vet. She's not been herself lately...I'm just hoping it's nothing serious...

Have a good day everyone! I hope your kitties surf safely!

2. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hope luci has a good vet visit. :bighug:

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I hope there is nothing serious going on with Luci. Sending lots of vines for a good vet visit. :bighug: So relieved your vet was able to fit you in sooner.
    Keep us updated.:bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the vetty visit goes well and it's nothing serious. Be careful in the rain. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

5. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Good luck at the Vet today....hoping there is nothing serious going on with Miss Luci. :bighug: Stay safe in the downpour!

6. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Good luck with the vet visit. Glad she was able to get in today. I hope it's nothing serious. Thinking of Luci. :bighug:

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck. Keep us posted.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Update: Luci is home from the vet - voraciously hungry and eating like a champ today! She must be making up for skipping food yesterday!

The vet said she had a slight fever, some diarrhea - apparently an infection. He gave her an antibiotic injection that will last for two weeks. Also some powder called Tylan for the diarreha - we sprinkle on her food twice a day.

Labs will be back tomorrow but he said he was able to examine her (once he gave her a little sedation, otherwise she wasn't putting up with any of it!)...and she seems fine overall.

Thank you for all of your well wishes...I'm relieved but exhausted and have a headache. Maybe from the Hurricane re-awakening? It's been a stormy windy day...pouring rain and raging winds..but I've seen worse storms in Michigan - and hopefully it'll be over soon....and there's no snow left behind for us to clean up!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad Luci is OK :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Glad she's feeling better and eating for you! Hopefully the antibiotic will take care of things.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed Luci will be better soon.
    FYI - Tylan tastes horrible! Sprinkling on food works for dogs, but whenever I gave it, I had to stuff it in a gel cap and pop it down.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Luci is eating and hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick easy enough :).
    She'll be feeling better in no time.
    Cats are so much more difficult to handle than dogs. Lol. I wouldn't want to go up against an angry kitty :p.
    Hope your headache eases and you have a relaxing evening.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Glad to hear Luci is feeling a little better and eating! Stay dry! :):cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the meds help Luci feel better. I hope your headache is better. Sending prayers.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope Luci gets over her infection and feels better soon :bighug: Hang in there mama bean :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  16. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Just catching up—glad to hear that Luci seems to be ok —keep us posted.

Sue and Luci likes this.