11/11 Ruby AMPS 288/+2 249/+6 50 (!) /+6.5 75/+7 83/PMPS 194 (fur shot?)/+1 251/+3 157

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Ruby woke me up with head butts because she was so hungry. Wound up eating 1/2 can FF Turkey really fast and threw it all up immediately. Hope it's a scarf and barf!

Found the high and flat day yesterday to be interesting. Chalk it up to NDW? Perhaps Ruby was bouncing from the greens the two days before? Would be curious to see how low she goes today.

Sending healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Have a lovely day, everyone.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like scarf and barf. I hope she was able to eat more and keep it down. Slide down today Ruby. NDW usually only happens in the first couple of cycles.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

I refilled the bowl and now it's gone again. :) +2 is at 249 so I am wondering if it will be more of the same as yesterday. I'll check again mid-cycle.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  4. Katherine&Ruby

+6 = 50. Grabbing the honey and HC now.

Fed 1 tsp 25% HC, one dab of honey on her paw and she ate what was left of the Fancy Feast in her bowl, about another tsp. She wants more food but I want to test her again first—or should I give her what she wants?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You don't want to feed her too much at one time or she'll get full and not want to eat if you need her to later. Keep testing and feeding a teaspoon at a time to get her back up.

6. Katherine&Ruby

+6.5 = 75. Phew! Should I feed her now and then test again, @carfurby?

Never mind, silly question! These low numbers block my brain from thinking clearly!

Fed 1 tsp LC FF turkey @+6.5. Testing again in a few minutes.

7. Katherine&Ruby

+7 = 83! Ruby knows how to make her mama work! Meanwhile, she has been completely non-chalant, eating the bits I place under her nose while she stretches out on the bed. o_O

Are we obliged to reduce tonight, or only if she dips under 50? I was hoping I could keep Ruby at the 1.5 dose for a few more days and get her more used to being in the greens.

Now it's nap time.
    IMG_1838.jpeg

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If following TR, you reduce when they go below 50. You are right, getting her more green time is a good thing. :D

Next time you see a number the 50's, try something a little lower carb, maybe MC next time. (note: we have all done the same:p) Any food now should be low carb. Make sure you put down how much of what (%carbs) and when you fed. Those notes will help you learn how carb sensitive Ruby is, and what you might need next time.

9. Katherine&Ruby

Yes! I'm happy about this. Her vet didn't want me to increase to 1.5, but he's too harried to hear me out when I tell him I'm prepared to handle low numbers. I'm glad I did so and hope that I can get Ruby's little body to become more accustomed to being low. I just hope I'll be brave enough at some point to shoot blue or green numbers. :cool::D
    I would not have gone to the HC and honey extreme if she was not exactly at 50! The number scared me, but you're right of course @Wendy&Neko. Have some Fancy Feast Medleys in a Delicate Broth (MC/13%) at the ready! Replenished her bowl with her usual LC FF Turkey. Will add the feeding notes to the SS, am pretty good about keeping track of her food.

What I am finding is that she is quite carb sensitive, so I probably did not need to go overboard, though it helps that she really likes the Weruva Grandma's Chicken Soup. She is so finicky these days that when I hit low numbers, I'm happy if she will go for anything. I've thrown away a lot of MC and HC options because she turns her pink nose up at them. :banghead::p

10. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 194. Threw up clear liquid right after I tested her, and now is hiding under the couch and doesn't want to eat. And if she's not at her bowl, I can't give her her shot. :confused::eek::banghead: I know she hasn't eaten since this afternoon, and when she decided she was hungry it was less than 2 hours before shot time.

UPDATE: Decided to come to her bowl. Fur shot. Have no idea how much might have gotten in before she squirmed away. Super nervous because I've never shot so low before!

11. Wendy&Neko

You've shot 153 before, though it was a token shot. You might want a +1 for comfort.

12. Katherine&Ruby

+1 = 251. Should I feel comforted by this? I've lost all perspective. :eek:

13. Wendy&Neko

She's bouncing from that 50. Maybe not comforting, but not surprising. Neko's first blue and then green preshots she always shot up afterwards. Gave me an easy introduction to shooting lower numbers.

14. Katherine&Ruby

I guess I'm more worried that if I did get the shot all in that I'd have another low nadir. If her +1 is higher than her PMPS, then can we assume that she'll be high tonight?

15. Wendy&Neko

When you aren't certain how much insulin got it, it'd be a good idea to get another test in tonight. The action of the depot can help keep numbers down.

16. Katherine&Ruby

+3 = 157. I think we're good. :cat:

We're all a bit pooped Chez Katherine and Ruby. Good night all!