11/13 -DOLLY - AMPS 289 - curve today - TR starts tomorrow - Dosing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Nov 13, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Dolly is currently on 1.5u of Lantus. I'm not sure if I raise her to 1.75 units based on her nadir today and what I would do based on SLGS guidelines or go up the full 1/2 unit to 2 units twice a day. I've read the guidelines for TR over and over again but I still have problems with dosing based on her numbers. I realize that it is ultimately my decision/responsibility, how aggressive I should go, but would appreciate any guidance starting out. Are dosing changes made the following day or begin tonight. I know I've asked this before but it's disappeared from my brain. Looking at past curves it looks like I've gone both ways.:confused:

Thank you for any help. :)

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ketones-with-blood-meter.238378/#post-2677180

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Dolly's nadirs lately have been pretty much mid blue at their lowest, which would have you increase to 1.75 when following TR. You only increase by 0.5 units under TR if you aren't seeing anything below 300. Where TR differs is that you don't have the hold the doses as long, should you have to increase again.

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying. Thank you for always being there. :bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.