11/2 Mumf AMPS 306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MumfsFriend, Nov 2, 2021.

1. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

Good morning/evening/afternoon! :))
    (It 4:40 am here)

Thinking out loud here… no rush at all today..

So per my previous post (https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-1-mumf-11-5-bg-90-stalling.254943/#post-2871907) I had reduced Mumf’s dose to 1 IU. He’s been well but judging from his BG I am tempted to go back up to 1.5 tonight.

the vet hasn’t called back yet *eyeroll* but her idea had been to give him 1 IU the night his sugar was low (which now is clearly from not eating, there was something about the food I had bought he didn’t stomach well) and immediately go back to 1.5 the next morning if pre-shot allows it.

i didn’t do that because I didn’t want to dose hop and got some wonderful advice here :) . Wondering if it would be safe to go back up this evening, depending on PMPS. I have work and then school all weekend but Monday and Tuesday off so I can do curves then.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He is bouncing from the green he saw a couple of days back. Bounces can take 6 cycles to clear. The Lantus depot also takes 4-6 cycles to stabilize. Like I said, in your previous post, you don't want to change doses based on preshots.

Hold the 1U dose at least 6 cycles and get as many tests as your schedule permits to see how low he is going on this dose. Then, if necessary, increase the dose.

3. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

That’s right, now I remember! It was at least six cycles. I will do that. I think we’re on cycle four now, and I will keep testing and checking. Thank you!

Bandit's Mom likes this.