11/21 Abby PMPS 135 / +2 78 / +3 86 / +4 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SDAbby, Nov 21, 2020.

1. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-20-abby-amps-125-3-98.238864/#post-2683594

hi all, Abby’s numbers were better this week and tonight she dropped to 78 on AT at +2. She is eating LC and acting fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether her numbers are ready to try a decrease? I didn’t lower after her last lower than 90 number based on suggestion that we wanted to see more green/less yellow. Should I keep her at .25 or try to drop to .1? Thanks!

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

She is looking good the last couple of days but unless you have trouble keeping her up tonight I would hold the dose and see if you can’t keep her in blue and green for a bit longer before taking a reduction.

SDAbby likes this.
  3. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Ok - thanks. Yes she usually stabilizes with a little LC so assuming that trend holds (re-testing in about 30 minutes) I’ll continue to hold. Sorry for asking what feels like the same question - I am struggling to have Abby fit into dosing guidelines and know that AT is a bit higher so am having a hard time trying to compare to other SS. Thanks for your help and encouragement. It is always appreciated.

4. Vyktors Mum

No apologies for asking questions around here, that’s what the board is for :cat: Abby is doing it her way too, I’m not sure you can really compare where she’s at with anyone else at the moment. This advice doesn’t fit into the general guidelines, this is personal advice for Abby. One of the good things about having good data and knowing your cat is you can be a bit flexible with some guidelines and tailer it to your cat.

Speaking of good data, that +8-+10 area in the AM cycle hasn’t had a test for a while ;)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    SDAbby likes this.
  5. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Thanks:) I will try to get a later AM cycle in the next few days. Abby isn’t jumping back to the low 100s tonight, which I guess is good, but probably means I have a few more tests needed tonight. She is definitely crankier tonight so I hope she learns to like the greens...

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  6. Vyktors Mum

She might be cranky because she feels fine and wonders what you’re bothering her for when she ‘knows’ she is better.

SDAbby likes this.