? 11/22 Buddy No Shot! AMPS 66 +1 67 +2 71 +3 74 +4 101 +5 161

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandra And Buddy (GA), Nov 22, 2020.

1. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Last Condo

Hey everyone.

I am so confused about what is happening here. any ideas from anyone?

he is actin normal. and running high. had a failed reduction.

No shot this morning.

I even checked with a different meter just in case.

2. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

I did consider that I took his dose back up too soon after the reducie. Could be part of it maybe.

3. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Oh I also held his food until +1

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think you need to set an alarm for later in the cycle at night. I suspect there are many nights he could have dropped under 50 and earned reductions. He didn’t earn one today though. The higher numbers though not real high except for occasional pinks could be bouncing.

5. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Makes sense, I will make sure to do that more often.

Still weird that at +3 and no shot he is 74 IDK.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It is weird. How’s he felling? Eating well?

7. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

He seems to be his usual self. Just finished eating. He decided to come sit by me after he ate, (a little odd because he usually does that when he is wanting food) he is not a social kitty. everything seems to be fine.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The thing that leaps out at me is how long you're holding Buddy's dose. With TR, you evaluate the dose every 6 cycles/3 days. If the majority of the nadirs are not in normal range, you increase the dose. By holding the dose as long as you are, you may be running into glucose toxicity developing. Buddy's system may be getting used to the higher numbers and treating them as the new "normal."

In some cases, you're seeing nadirs in the 50s. I would not necessarily raise the dose if that's the typical nadir -- you evaluate the dose based on how low the dose takes the numbers. That said, by holding the dose for roughly 3 weeks, I don't think you're really following TR.

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  9. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

I do understand, Over the summer I became complacent and didn't do what needed to be done totally, But as things have calmed down over the last couple of months I have been trying to be better on top of things. In the last few weeks he has been giving me some good numbers so I did not think there was room for another increase. I was even second guessing raising him back up so soon after what looked like a failed reduction. I am working on re-learning and remembering everything.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  10. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Up a bit, +4 101 So I am looking at this as kind of a reset, will give his normal dose tonight and go from there.

What is recommended for getting up in the middle of the night to check. What times and how often? @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

11. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sandra -

I gauged my testing on when onset and nadir were for Gabby. Fortunately, she had an early nadir so I didn't lose much sleep since my test time was at 5:00. I typically suggest that people get a test at +2 or +3 and a test before you turn in for the night. If that test result is markedly lower than your PMPS, you'll want to get more tests. Lantus onset is around the +2 or +3 point so if numbers are dropping by then, they are likely to keep dropping until nadir.