11/23 Ruby AMPS 280/+3 232/+6 204/PMPS 285/+2 290/+6 177 increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

After a high and frustratingly flat day YESTERDAY, Ruby's numbers rose for her morning shot, portending what I hope will be a gentle glide down to some nice greens again as we consider the need for another increase. Promise this time if I find her in the low 50s that I will put on my big girl pants (found in a separate drawer from the patience pants) and won't feed her any MC or HC until she's 49 or below! :p

Otherwise Ruby is happy this morning, doing zoomies with her sister up and down the hallway.

Healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans who love them so! :bighug:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Happy and zoomies is an excellent report:bighug:.
    Have a great day!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

so been there. you'll find your rhythm; it's probably tucked in the pocket of those pants ...
    have a good day.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Ruby is feeling so good. I hope she slides down today.

5. Colio

Colio Member

Hope Ruby has a nice slow slide into green :bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

Inching downwards. 232 @ +3.

7. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope Ruby slides down for you today! And like @JOJI and Kit said, you'll find your rhythm. ECID. AND then when you think you know what to feed, eventually your cat will need/demand something different :p I heart cats :cat:

8. Katherine&Ruby

+6 = 204, which is exactly what it was this time yesterday. Ruby's done this a few times, where her numbers are the same as they were 24 hours prior. So weird!

Wish she had gone lower today. Is it possible she is still bouncing? Also noticed that her appetite has been decreasing over the past few days. Still has not cleaned her bowl from this morning, which is unusual.

9. Katherine&Ruby

A high flat cycle in the yellows today for Rubes. She didn’t eat much of her afternoon meal but I think it’s because she doesn’t like the FF Beef. :rolleyes: Chowing down on her fave Turkey & Giblets now.

10. JaxBenji

Funny you say that - I don't think Jax cared for FF Beef either. His fav was also Turkey so sometimes I'd mix half and half just to get through the beef :)

Also, as cats become more regulated, they absorb calories better. Jax was ravenous ALL. THE. TIME. when he was unregulated. Now - he still LOVES food (always has lol) - but he is not screaming for it (unless it's exactly 30 minutes before my alarm goes off in the morning :p).

11. Katherine&Ruby

I'm hoping that's the case, but the problem is that Ruby isn't consuming the calories that a cat her size should be getting on a daily basis, which is about three cans of FF. When she went through her DKA, she lost a lot of the extra pounds and now she's at an ideal weight, but I get real mom-like about her eating and I fret when she doesn't, putting her food bowl in front of her when she's in bed or on the couch. I check her pee for ketones every day and sometimes the test comes out a little pink but I know that as long as she is eating she will be fine.

JaxBenji likes this.
  12. JaxBenji

You're a good cat mama :bighug: Do you weigh her? I do the whole stand on scale w/ and w/out Jax and subtract. Jax doesn't eat a ton but he maintains his husky self :p He eats ~6 tablespoons of food per cycle which I think is around 5 ounces...and he weighs ~14 pounds (and sleeps. a. lot.).

13. Katherine&Ruby

I should have weighed her this morning but I do it the way you do and I've been a little afraid of facing my own weight to figure out hers! The pandemic has made me spend a lot more time at home making delicious food. :smuggrin:

JaxBenji likes this.
  14. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Come on, Ruby! You can get back down to the greens :)

Zoomies is always a good sign! You're doing a wonderful job :bighug:

15. Katherine&Ruby

Doesn’t look like she wanted to spend much time in the greens over the past couple of days. Is Ruby still bouncing or has she cleared that? Are we looking at an increase tomorrow AM?

16. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Looks like the bounce has cleared but I could go either way on whether to increase just yet or give it another cycle or two. I’d lean further towards holding if you get a blue AMPS.