11/24- GIDEON BLUE - AMPS=112, +5=73, +6=68,+7=101 , PMPS=114, +2=87, +5=78, +7=111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-125-4-115-pmps-163-3-85-5-89-7-106.239019/

Our Gideon Blue is still doing well, thanks to this group. Yes, remission is always the ultimate goal, but I am just thankful that Gideon is stable on Lantus 1 unit BID, with many BLUE and some GREEN numbers.

This group is phenomenal. If I had followed our vet's advise and not tested, and just blindly given Lantus 2 units BID, I don't think we would still have our precious Gideon Blue today.

Thank you!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Gideon is looking great. It's a shame the vets don't know more about feline diabetes.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

My vet does like my spreadsheet, and he told me that he has shown it to his staff and they are amazed. Unfortunately, many folks don't have kitties that allow them to test them, or the time or money to invest. My vet told me that eventually Gideon won't allow me to test him, but that hasn't happened yet. I definitely could cut costs by using a human glucometer, but while I can, I will continue with the Alphatrak. Soon we will do another Glucosamine test to make the vet happy. It is a small price to pay to keep our relationship as good as it is. It is hard to find a good vet that is flexible. My vet writes scripts for outside pharmacies any time I ask. Also, he won't require a visit, just to have the glucosamine drawn.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes,your vet is definitely a keeper. So is mine. He’s not always right but is most of the time and he showed Max’s spreadsheet to his students as well.

I missed your condo yesterday but saw your question now about food. I would stick with what you are doing. As for the +7 p.m. test, Iwould only do them if he’s running lowish green unless you start to see high amps numbers that make you think he might have dropped into potential hypo territory.

5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

My Gideon just did something I was very surprised at. I had just made make ahead mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese. I had just put them on top of the stove, and went in the other room for just a moment. I asked my husband to test Gideon, and my husband found him on the stove eating the mashed potatoes!!!!! Now Gideon is a tripod, so it took him some work to even get up on the stove. Since we are cat people, we weren't too freaked out, and just scraped off that area of the mashed potatoes which are only for our consumption anyways. Husband tested Gideon anyways, and he is down to 68. I do believe the potatoes will increase him a good amount. Never a dull moment!

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Got to love how resourceful these kitties are!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Well done Gideon. What a clever cat :D

Shiloh567 likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

How much better is Gideon feeling that he can do what seemed impossible before :p

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Starting his thanksgiving dinner early.

Shiloh567 likes this.